AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords are not triggering ads.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Here is the situation.

Ad triggering error.jpg

As is clear in the picture, the ads are showing up due to low bid or quality score of keywords.

if we talk about the bid, in my case its much more than the estimated first page bid. For many keywords the bid is even higher than the top page bid. The quality score of the keywords is 10/10 and 7/10 for most of the keywords.

Despite mantaining good QS & Keywords bid why i am getting this message? why my ads are not triggering? is it some kind of error or am I making some mistake?

Can anyone suggest any solution?

Thanks in advance

Wasif

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keywords are not triggering ads.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Waasif,

At the end of the day you'll often find that the keywords are not popular enough to attract users. However, before we come to such a conclusion I need to ask:

- account in good standing?

- ads approved?

- budget, geo settings etc. okay?

- Search or Display Network?

Best,

Lakatos

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Lakatos, Thank you for showing your interest. Coming to your questions. All the ads in the campaign are approved & the campaign have enough budget assigned Rs.10,000 in the mentioned campaign. This is a very new account and the other campaigns in it are doing nice except this one. In my other campaigns i see some keywords having pending approval status yet serving accruing clicks & impressions. Wasif

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

You did not answer if the campaign was running on Search or Display. A delayed start is often normal on the Display Network.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Campaign is targeted only in search network.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Waasif, if you insist that everything is okay on your part, the only remaining conclusion we can draw is that the keywords are not popular sufficiently. Try broad match or more popular terms.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I have the same problem and its driving me crazy as my ads runs for 2-3 hours in the morning and then drop saying this message even on the ones with 10/10 quality score , and I raised the bids to $200 and my budget to $1000 and still doesn't show this is crazy Smiley Sad

Maged Wassef
Adwords Guru and a Mini Genius I Follow @TopRankGuru
Please Star My reply If it helped you Smiley Very Happy

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I found out its all about how long your account is running, I had an old account with the same everything so I resumed and in 10 mins everything was up and running perfect so maybe you will have to wait till the system wake up , as I spent 2 hours on the phone with a google rep and he asked me to modify keywords, ads settings all and at the end said now all you can do is wait

Maged Wassef
Adwords Guru and a Mini Genius I Follow @TopRankGuru
Please Star My reply If it helped you Smiley Very Happy

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This 2013 thread has been closed to new replies.

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread with a descriptive subject line, and post a clear, specific and detailed question.

This will improve the visibility of your question as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.