AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords and countries

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

Within one campaign I can get a statistics showing the list of the countries where the clicks were made from.

But is there any tool that can enable me to view the list of the countries that used particular keywords which eventually led them to the ads?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Olga T
September 2015

Re: Keywords and countries

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Olga,

You should take a look at the geography report within Google Analytics. You can add keywords as a secondary dimension.

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Olga T
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Olga,

You should take a look at the geography report within Google Analytics. You can add keywords as a secondary dimension.

Hope this helps!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Olga
I think Google Trends help you , Search here ...

http://www.google.com/trends/

Thanks
Ramesh

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your reply!

And can I add any other parameteres to this list of countries with the keywords as you stated above? I mean can I group these results according to the campaign to whic these keywords belong?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Olga,

If I may jump in here, the best practice is to have country specific campaign so that when you are analyzing your data, you know which terms work best for which countries and which not because that might vary from country to country. And in case you have country specific campaigns, you can get the granular keyword level data and make business decisions out of that.

Here's one of the AdWords script which you might be interested in looking at and might execute it: https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/examples/location

AdWords APIs are other advanced option which you might be look at: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2375503

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Olga,

As Pankaj said. scripts could be a good option.  Also like he said, I would recommend restructuring your campaigns by country. So for instance if you have a campaign to sell dresses in the US, Canada, Mexico, and Italy you would duplicate that campaign to instead have one campaign for each country "Dresses Canada", "Dresses US", etc.  

Since your campaign isn't set up this way now, it wouldn't help you to look at previous data, it would only help you moving forward. That said, you can st up your Secondary dimension to say "Campaigns" instead of keywords but you can't set up both (I wish you could have additional dimensions!)

You can set up a custom report, though. If you go to "Customization" at the top. Select "Explorer" as the report type. Add whatever metrics you want to see (goals, sessions, etc) Then add the following dimensions in this order: Country/Territory, Campaign, Keyword and run the report. When the report loads, it will look just like the previous geo report that you already looked at but, fear not!, it is different Smiley Happy

From this report, if you click on a country it will show you all of the campaigns that drove the metrics you chose to view when you created the report. Now, if you click on a campaign, you can see all of the keywords that made up those stats (keeping in mind, you are still in whatever country you clicked into originally)..

Does that make sense? I wish there were a neater way to look at it but at least from here you could download the reports and make pivot tables.

In the regular geo report, you click into the country which takes you into the state/territory/province which allows you to continue down the rabbit hole into cities, etc. This way allows you to dig into your campaigns/keywords instead. You could add ad groups, too, if you'd like.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you! It helped!

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 8
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Happy to help!