AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Keywords Relevancy is Below Average

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Guys, I'm have some of my adgroup keywords status are: "Below Average" in-terms of ad relevance, With 5/10 QS for those keywords, So I'm wondering what could be the best course of action to take with those keywords? 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Keywords Relevancy is Below Average

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mahmoud-Magdy,

That means the combination of your ad and the keyword are getting a low CTR. You could place those keywords in a new AdGroup with ads written focused on those keywords. That should improve the CTR, which will eventually improve your QS.

If those are broad match keywords, you might reconsider whether they are providing you any value. Run a search terms report. Add phrase or exact negatives for queries that don't produce results. Use BMM instead.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Mahmoud-Magdy,

That means the combination of your ad and the keyword are getting a low CTR. You could place those keywords in a new AdGroup with ads written focused on those keywords. That should improve the CTR, which will eventually improve your QS.

If those are broad match keywords, you might reconsider whether they are providing you any value. Run a search terms report. Add phrase or exact negatives for queries that don't produce results. Use BMM instead.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

I'd have to +1 Pete's advice on separating into their own more relevant AdGroups and trying to write more specific ad copy for those terms.

The CTR is pretty much key in getting your QS's up.

It's harder getting higher QS's on 1-2 keyword phrases so also try to think about adding more 3-5 term phrases if possible. I know the volume will be lower but it could help increase your impression share & CTR on those terms if they are included instead of being triggered from broad match terms. (Again, Pete said run the search terms report, this is where you could get more 3+ keyword terms from)

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you all for your awesome suggestions, That's really appreciated!   Smiley Happy