AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword triggering other ads in other campaign

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear All

I have 3 campaign.

In campaign A, I have keyword "ipsum"

I use keyword "lorem ipsum" in another campaign (campaign B) and it tell me that "This keyword is triggering other ads with a similar keyword: "ipsum""

So the keyword in campaign B does not run.
What can I do? I do not want to delete/pause keyword in camapaign A

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nika G
September 2015

Re: Keyword triggering other ads in other campaign

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Nika, or, alternatively, you could add "lorem ipsum" as a Phrase or Exact match negative to the Campaign/Ad Group in which your Keyword ipsum runs.

Both this and Aleks' reply would work, which one you choose will depend upon how you want the ipsum Keyword to match.  If you want it be a broad match, but only exclude the specific phrase "lorem ipsum" then you'll need to use an Exact match negative, if you want to exclude any search including the phrase "lorem ipsum" you'll need to use a Phrase negative.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Nika

You could make the keyword "ipsum" in campaign A match type "exact only". The keyword "lorem ipsum" in campaign B could be "phrase match" and/or "exact match" and/or "broad match" (recommended with the + modifier).

Regards
Aleks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Nika G
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Nika, or, alternatively, you could add "lorem ipsum" as a Phrase or Exact match negative to the Campaign/Ad Group in which your Keyword ipsum runs.

Both this and Aleks' reply would work, which one you choose will depend upon how you want the ipsum Keyword to match.  If you want it be a broad match, but only exclude the specific phrase "lorem ipsum" then you'll need to use an Exact match negative, if you want to exclude any search including the phrase "lorem ipsum" you'll need to use a Phrase negative.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Alev, Cobnut

Thanks for the answers.
Cobnut yes, you are right, I want "ipsum" (phrase match) to work in Campaign A, and "lorem ipsim" (phrase match) work in Campaign B.
So I will add "lorem ipsum" (phrase match) in Campaign A to negative keywords.
Hope it will work, I have added as negative keywords but did not change the status of "lorem ipsum" ad. Still not showing. I think it needs time.

Thanks

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It worksSmiley Happy