AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword tool has started to show EXISTING keywords in the adgroup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Keyword tool (when clicking  'add keywords' in an adgroup) seems to have started to show EXISTING keywords in the adgroup. This is now wasting a lot of my time. Is this perhaps a bug that's crept in with 'advanced campaigns' implementation? or is it intentional I wonder?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword tool has started to show EXISTING keywords in the adgroup

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

I think you are referring to the standard method where the advertisers click on add keywords and a screen comes in showing the suggestions from the categories on the right side of your screen to include the keywords. Let me know if that's not the case here.

What I believe is that the repetition could be possible because these are the keywords ideas only which have been represented to you by this tool and you could select whatever keywords you haven't included and could also get the traffic estimation by clicking on Estimate search traffic. If you think that you are getting some repeated keywords, try the keyword tool in a new interface or rather go for the Keyword Planner which is a new tool to look for some new alternatives for your campaigns.

Pankaj