AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword planner forecast is wrong by 90%

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I just used keywords planner to plan my campaign and i showed me i would receive 227-277 clicks in daily forecast(i guess its per day clicks). But when create that campaign, I just recieved 9 clicks. How can it be so wrong and what is the purpose of it? Or did I do something wrong?

Thank you
Kapil

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword planner forecast is wrong by 90%

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Kapil S;

This is the nature of statistics... Sometimes the margin of error is just too broad and  the value falls within this range (either on the "high range" or on the "low range")

It is not clear, though whether you are using "estimated" (traffic forecasts)  or the historical data ("search volume statistics)?

The bids  "historical data " is a better first shot.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Kapil S,

have you set up the geo- and language targeting correctly in your campaigns AND Keyword planner.
Usually there is a difference, but it should not be so drastic. You can expect 10% - 15% difference in volume, and up to 25% in CPC predictions.

Have you checked the impression share report?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am getting forcast on the next 7 days. I am not able to choose to previous dates in the history, maybe I will have to start a new research.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
My target is set as all countries and all languages