AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword insertion in the Display URL

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

When using the keyword insertion on the Display URL I am receiving "+" sing the insertion on some of my Ad's??? Other times it is fine & then sometimes it will not show anything. Anyone have any solutions to my problem???

EXAMPLE: Keyword insertion - {KeyWord:Car_Insurance} is my URL in my Ad, but it comes up Car+Insurance???

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Keyword insertion in the Display URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi mWickham,

Welcome to the Community!

I think you have a couple of things going on here, but I think I can help.

First, you have to remember that the keyword is what is being inserted into the ad and/or Display URL.  There are still guidelines for ads that must be met, including the length of your Display URL, which can cause lots of problems if you're not controlling the keywords and DKI in the ad group correctly.

I would suggest that you review this page thoroughly for correct usage of DKI and pay special attention to the 'Things to know', 'Notes' and 'Guidelines' offered.

Secondly, is it possible that you attempted Modified Broad Match with car+insurance (which is incorrect syntax) and it is being inserted as you have it set up? Maybe it should be (+car +insurance) or (car +insurance) but not (car+insurance).

Correct: +leather +shoes
Incorrect: + leather + shoes
Incorrect: +leather+shoes

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Alys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi mWickham,

Welcome to the Community!

I think you have a couple of things going on here, but I think I can help.

First, you have to remember that the keyword is what is being inserted into the ad and/or Display URL.  There are still guidelines for ads that must be met, including the length of your Display URL, which can cause lots of problems if you're not controlling the keywords and DKI in the ad group correctly.

I would suggest that you review this page thoroughly for correct usage of DKI and pay special attention to the 'Things to know', 'Notes' and 'Guidelines' offered.

Secondly, is it possible that you attempted Modified Broad Match with car+insurance (which is incorrect syntax) and it is being inserted as you have it set up? Maybe it should be (+car +insurance) or (car +insurance) but not (car+insurance).

Correct: +leather +shoes
Incorrect: + leather + shoes
Incorrect: +leather+shoes

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner
Thanks!