AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Planner vs Keyword Tools

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Although the link is still there, but can't seem to access Keyword Tools anymore.

In any case, what's quite perplexing is that there is a huge (very huge) mismatch between Keyword Tools and Keyword Planner when it comes to the "average monthly keyword search results". I'm comparing the results of a list of keywords on a specific country level.

Can anyone explain what seems to be the problem? Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Viken K
September 2015

Re: Keyword Planner vs Keyword Tools

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Viken,
The AdWords keyword tool always defaulted to "Broad" matching the keywords which gave people an inflated sense of the numbers unless they changed it to exact match.

The new keyword planner is much more accurate and I'm glad Google updated to it.

Finally, I would never trust Google numbers to be 100% correct (ballpark at best). I'd use my own data first. Let your ads run on broad matched keywords for a week if you're brave and see the real figures.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Viken K
September 2015

Re: Keyword Planner vs Keyword Tools

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Viken,
The AdWords keyword tool always defaulted to "Broad" matching the keywords which gave people an inflated sense of the numbers unless they changed it to exact match.

The new keyword planner is much more accurate and I'm glad Google updated to it.

Finally, I would never trust Google numbers to be 100% correct (ballpark at best). I'd use my own data first. Let your ads run on broad matched keywords for a week if you're brave and see the real figures.