AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Level Destination URL

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I searched for the answers in other threads but didn't got the relevant one.

My Question is If I will change the Keyword Destination URL will I loose the past data for the same?

Thanks and Regards

Neeraj

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Keyword Level Destination URL

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Neeraj,

As per my understanding, the data or the stats related to any keyword, ad copy, ad group or campaign are not altered till the time you delete/pause them and relaunch again.

So once you change the keyword level destination URL, you might observe changes in terms of impression share, CTR, AVG. CPC, Quality Score etc...from the time you changed it. Otherwise the past data would still be there when you review past date range when keyword level destination URL was not there.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author neerajkv30
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Neeraj,

Changing the keyword level destination URL does not have the effect of deleting the keyword and adding it as new. Changing the ad destination URL does have that effect on the ad.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Neeraj,

As per my understanding, the data or the stats related to any keyword, ad copy, ad group or campaign are not altered till the time you delete/pause them and relaunch again.

So once you change the keyword level destination URL, you might observe changes in terms of impression share, CTR, AVG. CPC, Quality Score etc...from the time you changed it. Otherwise the past data would still be there when you review past date range when keyword level destination URL was not there.

My thoughts!

Pankaj

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Pankaj for your reply. Will surely try it.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
You are most welcome Neeraj!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author neerajkv30
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Neeraj,

Changing the keyword level destination URL does not have the effect of deleting the keyword and adding it as new. Changing the ad destination URL does have that effect on the ad.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords