AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Insertion question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Actually I would have 2 questions:

1. Does the {Keyword: default text} insert broad match keywords as well? Im asking since broad match may change the keyword itself to a synonyme or even a phrase, at least as I know. I suppose in this case the ads exceeding the permitted character number could be fairly increased.

2. Is there an interface or statistic report where I can check the number or percentage of the triggered ads where the Keyword was successfully inserted and those where the default text applied?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex I
September 2015

Re: Keyword Insertion question

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Welcome to the Community

1. The inserted keyword is exactly as you have it typed in the campaign ( unless you use capitalisation instructions in the DKI setting). The only thing that changes is the search term. The search term can be a synonym to match your broad keyword.

2. Sorry, No, but it would be interesting to see. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Alex I
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, Welcome to the Community

1. The inserted keyword is exactly as you have it typed in the campaign ( unless you use capitalisation instructions in the DKI setting). The only thing that changes is the search term. The search term can be a synonym to match your broad keyword.

2. Sorry, No, but it would be interesting to see. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1. I get it now, I was a bit confused about it.

2. Yeah it would be interesting especially when using campaigns with thousands of keywords, they can be chaotic sometimes

Thanks for your help Adrian!