AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Insertion Code

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

I am trying to use the keyword insertion code with broad match modifier but it is not working properly with the ad copy

Is it possible to specify to Google which part of the modified keyword you want to be displayed.

For example my keyword is +breeder poodle.

I want to trigger searches based around poodle breeders etc but I only want Poodle to show in the Ad, is this possible?

Thanks Smiley Happy

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Keyword Insertion Code

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello nat123,

If you only want Poodle to be shown in the ad then it's simply a case of not using the Keyword Insertion Code. I am not entirely sure how you are trying to use the code but I would recommend reading the following link -

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=74996

Regards,

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nat123,

If you want specific term to appear in the creative just use standard (not DKI) headline.

Other way of getting around this is to set your ad headline like:

{KeywordSmiley Very Happyefault Text} Best Poodle (or something like this so you will use some of the allowance of the 25 characters and block some of a longer terms to appear in the creative.

Hope this make sense.

Thanks,

Marek

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

In my opinion, there is no point using only "Poodle" as a headline. I beleive Ad title should say what your adcopy is all about.

For example: may be you can use Headline: Looking For a Poodle? or Local Poodals For Sale or Standard Poodle Breeders etc.

Just a Thought!

Thanks,

Neha Gupta

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply's.

Going to look more into it now.

But is it advised not to use a broad match modifier with the Keyword Insertion Code?

Thanks

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi nat123,

There is no problem using the broad match modifier or any other keyword match type with the keyword insertion code as only the actual triggered keyword is what will show within the snippet.

ScottyD, AdWords Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi i have created keyword insertion text ad for my ad group. The ad is is following:

* {KeyWord:Health Insurance}
    * Private Health Insurance Companies
    * Best Private Health Insurance Deals
    * www.privatehealthinsurance247.co.uk/

But it's heading is showing static. We i search for health insurance online, health insurance uk, private health insurance and many more phrase it is showing static headline as health insurance not dynamically. I don't know why it is. I need your suggestion. So, plz help me.