AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Keyword Insertion Ads Reporting and optimization

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have recently added a keyword insertion ad to my ad group. I am using {KeyWord:The Default Ad Text} in the ad headline. I am currently having this ad along with the normal text ads in the same ad group and most of the keywords are with broad match modifiers.

I tried searching for various combination keywords in the Ad preview and diagnosis tool where I found that only the default headline appears every time. I am assuming that it is because of the common reasons DKI ads don't show by Google.

I would like to know if there is any way to check how these ads are being displayed and what keywords are getting inserted into my ad. Just to be sure that I have avoided the common problems. (misspellings, competitors keywords..etc.)

Also of it is all right to have both DKI and normal ads in the same adgroup.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anusha R
September 2015

Re: Keyword Insertion Ads Reporting and optimization

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anusha,

As you already know that keyword from your ad group will be shown in your ad copy not the search query.

Apart from the "Common Reasons DKI doesn't work" - one possible reason for showing Default Headline could be the Low Quality Score of your keywords (may be less than 6 - need clarification on this from experts).

The only way to check how the ads are being displayed and what keywords are getting inserted into the ad is to use Ad Preview Tool or do a Google Search, which you are already doing.

There is no problem at all in using both DKI and normal ads within same ad group. I personally do not use and recommend using DKI with BMM keywords as the Headline shown with DKI may not be the most relevant with the keyword searched or may not read correctly what you intended it to be due to awkward wording. But take a decision based on the performance metrics of both ads and how these ads (DKI and non-DKI) affect the quality score of your keywords when either one is paused.

Regards,
Ashis

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anusha R
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Anusha,

As you already know that keyword from your ad group will be shown in your ad copy not the search query.

Apart from the "Common Reasons DKI doesn't work" - one possible reason for showing Default Headline could be the Low Quality Score of your keywords (may be less than 6 - need clarification on this from experts).

The only way to check how the ads are being displayed and what keywords are getting inserted into the ad is to use Ad Preview Tool or do a Google Search, which you are already doing.

There is no problem at all in using both DKI and normal ads within same ad group. I personally do not use and recommend using DKI with BMM keywords as the Headline shown with DKI may not be the most relevant with the keyword searched or may not read correctly what you intended it to be due to awkward wording. But take a decision based on the performance metrics of both ads and how these ads (DKI and non-DKI) affect the quality score of your keywords when either one is paused.

Regards,
Ashis

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Ashish,

I have already paused my other ads to check the performance of DKI ads. The Low Quality Score may be something that I need to watch out for, though there are keywords with 7 - 9 Quality score, some do have < 6 and Low search volume.

I have a few more ideas on how to change them up a bit and move it to a different adgroup, once I gather some data about DKI ads performance.

Thanks for your tips and suggestions.

Regards,
Anusha