AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Issues adding sitelinks in bulk via the new editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm trying to add a large number of sitelinks to many campaigns via the new editor (11). I'm having trouble trying to associate the proper campaigns with the relevant sitelinks. Each campaign has a unique set of sitelinks. Some of them have the same sitelink text, yes, however I have changed my settings to 'create new sitelink if destination url is different'.

When I copy and paste into the 'make multiple changes' area in the editor under shared library, I can't specify the campaign associations. If I don't use the shared library area and just use the sitelinks area under 'ads and extensions', then the URLs get scrambled, that is, the wrong URLs are assigned to the wrong campaigns. It's as if the editor is ignoring my setting to 'create new sitelinks if destination url is different.'

Thanks,

Chris

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris G
September 2015

Re: Issues adding sitelinks in bulk via the new editor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
For anyone else having this issue, uploading via the adwords UI (using a spreadsheet) worked. The new editor seems to have a bug, I was never able to get it to work.

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi Chris,

If you use same sitelinks text with different destination URLs, it will consider as duplicate and accept only one URL. So better have each text has unique URL.

Regards,
Bharath. U
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris G
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
For anyone else having this issue, uploading via the adwords UI (using a spreadsheet) worked. The new editor seems to have a bug, I was never able to get it to work.