AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Issue with sitelinkIterator

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I am trying to write a script that returns the number of sitelinks per campaign in order to identify campaigns missing sitelinks. I've created a sitelinkIterator, as per Google's documentation, but whenever I run the script it returns a value of 0 (sitelinks) for each campaign.

Is there an issue with the code below? Or has someone experienced the same issue when using totalNumEntities? Any help would be much appreciated. 

var campaignIterator = AdWordsApp.campaigns().get();

while (campaignIterator.hasNext()) {
     var campaign = campaignIterator.next();
     var campaignName = campaign.getName();
     var campaignSitelinks = campaign.extensions().sitelinks().get().totalNumEntities();
     Logger.log(campaignName + " " + campaignSitelinks);
}

Re: Issue with sitelinkIterator

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lars,

Not sure what the issue is.

I copy pasted your script into a function and it worked 100% on my side.

Is it possible that your campaigns have 0 sitelinks (they could be set at the account or ad group level or not at all)?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Clynton,

Our sitelinks are in the shared library and associated from there to individual campaigns. The individual sitelinks have data at the campaign level which is why I don't understand why the script isn't working.

Thanks for trying the script on your end.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Lars,

That is very weird then, as that is my exact set up (although some sitelinks are at an adgroup level as well) and the script above works for me.