AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Issue with experiments in Adwords editor

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Editor doesn't yet have the ability to create an experiment, but it does recognize a campaign that is running one.

However, when I try to bulk create control and experiment ads (each landing on a different page) it cannot differentiate them & gives an error.

I want to test 2 variations of the same ad with differing landing pages across 100+ ads so I don't want to have to manuallycopy,change status, and change landing url for each. 

Is there something innocuous on the ads that I can change that would differentiate the two (control/experiment) from eachother to satisfy the editor?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author novatexsolution
September 2015

Re: Issue with experiments in Adwords editor

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

If you go to the Tools > Settings menu item in AdWords Editor, and look on the General tab, you will find a place to change the default settings.

Select the Create new ad if display URL or destination URL is different option and the program will load your imported ads as new instead of overwriting your original ads.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author novatexsolution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Good morning.

If you go to the Tools > Settings menu item in AdWords Editor, and look on the General tab, you will find a place to change the default settings.

Select the Create new ad if display URL or destination URL is different option and the program will load your imported ads as new instead of overwriting your original ads.

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks. This was exactly what I was looking for