AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Issue with Image Ad and Proposed Solution

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Good Morning,

I've been having difficulties with creating new Image Ads.

I've changed the size of the image to be downloaded numerous times with no luck (keeps saying image is too big even if it's below the max size or some other error message). No matter what size I change it to, it will not download

I currently have the other type of Display Ads using the Display Ad Builder and do NOT have an issue with that.

My proposed solution is being able to download the image from my website.  This option currently exists in the Display Ad Builder and seems to work flawlessly but is not available in the regular Image Ads.  Is it possible to add this option to the regular Image Ads??

Thanks In Advance

RPquest

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Re: Issue with Image Ad and Proposed Solution

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi RPquest,

Have you managed to upload your image ads already? Check out that they are meeting all of the policies here: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176108 (note that unfortunately the error messages you get with image ads are not always accurate so make sure you are OK with everything else besides sizes.

If that doesn't work then it's best to contact support and send them the image you are trying to upload so that they could check what's happening there.

Hope this helps,
Karl 

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello,

Please check image size should not be more than 50 KB, you can't download the images having more than 50 KB size.
Dinesh
My Blog

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Dinesh,

As I stated in my original post "I've changed the size of the image to be downloaded numerous times with no luck (keeps saying image is too big even if it's below the max size or some other error message). No matter what size I change it to, it will not download."

I've changed it to below 50 KB without success.

Any additional help is appreciated.

RPquest

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

Under 50k may mean well under 50k for a specifc format ad. Have you tried one at a time, or all at once? 

What is have been some of the other error messages? there could be one problem masking another, and as soon as one get's resolved, the other issue pops up.

Tom

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tom,

I was simply trying to create a regular Image Ad (not Display Ad Builder).

I usally don't have any problems with the Display Ad Builder, just the Regular Image Ads.

I have tried numerous image sizes (40.2kb & 45.2kb) and numerous dimensions (down to 98x100) with no luck at all.

The error messages I seem to be consistantly receiving are:

Either Image File Too Large or Image is Incorrect Size.

What really gets me is that the "Display Ad Builder" accepts my Images (even before the download from website was an option) and most if not all of those have the same requirements as the Regular Image Ads.

So if the requirements (size & dimension) for the ads of both the Regular & Builder why would one accept and the other not?

Thanks for your thoughts,

RPquest

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 6
Badged Google Partner

Tom

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Karl (Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆)
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi RPquest,

Have you managed to upload your image ads already? Check out that they are meeting all of the policies here: http://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=176108 (note that unfortunately the error messages you get with image ads are not always accurate so make sure you are OK with everything else besides sizes.

If that doesn't work then it's best to contact support and send them the image you are trying to upload so that they could check what's happening there.

Hope this helps,
Karl 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
Just to confirm are you working with not only the required size limit but the required dimensions?

Mobile leaderboard: 300 x 50
Banner: 468 x 60
Leaderboard: 728 x 90
Square: 250 x 250
Small square: 200 x 200
Large rectangle: 336 x 280
Inline rectangle: 300 x 250
Skyscraper: 120 x 600
Wide skyscraper: 160 x 600

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'