AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Issue with Flexible Bidding Strategies

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to implement flexible bidding strategy at keyword level (Which is different from the one at campaign level) but getting an error message "To use this bid strategy, change the strategy currently applied to your campaign."

I know this can be done but not getting how? can anyone please help

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Issue with Flexible Bidding Strategies

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sandeep G do you have any auto-targets in the Campaign?  You may find some solutions in this thread:

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-New-Advertisers/To-Use-This-Strategy-Remove-The...

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Still The same issue. I am not using any auto targets in the campaign.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
Hi Sandeep, I had similar issue - what is your campaign strategy and what strategy you are trying to implement on keyword level?
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Alexey,

I have Enhanced CPC at campaign level and I am trying to use Target Search Page Location at keyword level. Please help me with the same.

Thanks,

Sandeep

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

Hi Sandeep,

All flexible bidding strategies are not applicable at keyword level.

Target CPA and ECPC can only be applied at campaign and adgroup level.

Regards
Archit, AdWords Rising Star, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We are doing the same in other account but the guy who did it is not available. But it is confirm that we can do it.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sandeep G
May 2016

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Sandeep, if you use Enhanced CPC strategy on campaign level you really can't set target search page location on keyword level.

However you can do it on ad group level if you have appropriate structure.

For example ad groups 1,4,5 would have enhanced CPC - others would have "target search page location".
Cheers, Alexey
UAWC Agency

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Alexey,

I have removed Enhanced CPC strategy from campaign and ad group. And then apply Target search page location to keywords. Its fine now!

Cheers!

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

1. Enhanced CPC: Flexible version of the existing enhanced CPC capability.
  2. Search page location: AdWords will increase or decrease bids to target a top-of-page or first page position with ads. This bid strategy works with keywords, ad groups, and campaigns targeting the Search Network only. This doesn’t specify a position on the page (e.g., an advertiser can’t choose to be in third position on the page).

Thanks

Ashwani Kumar

Follow me on Twitter