AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is there no {Param1} Column similar to Bing Ads?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

In bing ads I can assign a word to appear in the ad for every keyword.

for example:

Headline:

Buy {Param1} Here.

and keywords:

"buy cheese" ---> Param1 = Cheese

"buy corn" ---> Param1 = Corn

So the ad would get modified according to the Param Value.

Is there no such option in adwords?

Re: Is there no {Param1} Column similar to Bing Ads?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Jay,

Using Ad Customizers, you can achieve the same in AdWords. Even you can automate, count down timer which is highly useful for marketers in sense of urgency campaigns. Here are the resources, which can help you,

1. Customize ads with real-time updates

2. Setup Ad Customizers

Thanks!

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Jay,
To add to Shafi's excellent answer, another way to do this is by using Dynamic Keyword Insertion.  Using Dynamic Keyword Insertion, Google will automatically place the Keyword that triggered your Ad Impression in your Ad Copy, as long as the length of that is within Google's character limits.  

A benefit to using Dynamic Keyword Insertion is that it will probably be a little quicker for you to setup, but you won't have the same level of control and functionality as Ad Customizer would give you.

Using Dynamic Keyword Insertion

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks but It looks like I need to have a programming degree just to activate that feature. In Bing it is so simple and intuitive. Dynamic keyword insertions, as far as I understand, is going to simply insert the *whole* search term which is not useful for me, as most searches can be very long tail and won't fit the ad.

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jay,
Dynamic Keyword Insertion doesn't put the whole Search Term in your Ad, just the Keyword that you're bidding on that triggered the Ad. A possible solve would be to use Dynamic Keyword Insertion for your shorter Keywords (in terms of character length), and write specific Ads for your longer Keywords (in terms of character length).