AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is there any way to add product ads individually & set individual bids from them?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I connected my merchant center feed to adwords in order to place product ads in a new adwords campaign. The trouble is I seem to be able to only add ALL product ads. This means I can only set a bid for them together; I want to be able to set different bids for different product ads.

Is there any way to add individual products & set individual, product specific bids?

Thanks Smiley Happy

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tiffany (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Is there any way to add product ads individually & set individual bids from them?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alma5,

You can filter your feeds using the values in g:adwords_labels. Let's say you have a group of products you will advertise with one ad, in one AdGroup. Now, let's say you're selling shoes and you have several styles of red shoes.

In your product feed, for each style of red shoes provide a value of "red shoes" for the g:adwords_labels column.

Now create your ad group and add the product extension (Ad extensions tab). Go to the Auto Targets tab for the ad group and add a target. Click on the button that says "product type" and select "adwords labels". In the text box enter "red shoes". Now, only the products with "red shoes" as a value for g:adwords_labels will be eligible to show with that ad.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Tiffany (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Is there any way to add product ads individually & set individual bids from them?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alma5,

You can filter your feeds using the values in g:adwords_labels. Let's say you have a group of products you will advertise with one ad, in one AdGroup. Now, let's say you're selling shoes and you have several styles of red shoes.

In your product feed, for each style of red shoes provide a value of "red shoes" for the g:adwords_labels column.

Now create your ad group and add the product extension (Ad extensions tab). Go to the Auto Targets tab for the ad group and add a target. Click on the button that says "product type" and select "adwords labels". In the text box enter "red shoes". Now, only the products with "red shoes" as a value for g:adwords_labels will be eligible to show with that ad.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks!

Is there any way to get even more granular? Ideally I could control bids individually (for every product)

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
For what it's worth Alma, Pete is the best at this product feed/ads stuff. Smiley Happy If anyone can help it's him. Great thread!
Tom