AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to use search network with keywords and interests?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been using the Search Network for years, but would like to more precisely target my impressions ONLY to people in the United States in a certain field of Interests ( professionals in my field ) , which I've already searched and KNOW exists.

So, is there a way to use my search network text ads WITH BOTH keywords AND Interests?

Re: Is there a way to use search network with keywords and interests?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Melissa,

Actually search network only let you target keywords. There is no option to do interest targeting with search network. To target the people of specific interest you have to use display network.

(When someone perform a search on Google they shows the interest of certain field. So you automatically targeting people having interest of your field.)

Cheers,
Nouman

Top Contributor Alumni
# 3
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Melissa,
No, per Nouman's answer you cannot add Interest targeting to Search Network Campaigns.  However, Google does have a targeting capability called Remarketing Lists for Search Ads (RLSA).  Using RLSA you can expand your Keyword set (such as make them more related to certain interests in this case) and only serve these Ads to searchers who have previously been to your site.  This doesn't help you reach new visitors, but you can continue to Reach searchers who've already been to your site but haven't converted.

If you're interested in targeting a specific type of searcher you can target users by certain household incomes via the Search Network.

Lastly, you can target by Interests via the Google Display Network.  If you're interested in increasing your Reach and advertising to new prospective customers the Display Network can help.

Targeting Settings - Google Display Network

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Well no, this is different. Say, for example, I was selling tools for doctors and nurses and I didn't want impressions and clicks going out to just anyone on the search network, who searched for the keywords: medical tools. I only wanted doctors and nurses to see impressions and click my ads. So if I could add "medical professionals" to the keyword targeting, so that only ( interests ) medical professionals who were searching for medical tools, could see my ads and click them... You see what I mean.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 5
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi Melissa,

Unfortunately you can't target just doctors and nurses via the Search Network, but you could target a specific radius around a hospital and/or add specific addresses to your AdWords Account to target.  This will only target doctors and nurses who are doing searches from hospitals, and your traffic will severely decrease, but could be a way to try to ensure you're reaching medical professional via the Search Network.

Finally, the nice thing about AdWords is that you can choose to target only to a select audience based on the Keywords searchers are querying.  By having relevant Keywords, you're already targeting prospective customers who are are turning to Google to seek information about your products.  You're probably selling B2B, or looking for large orders, but for the most part people who are searching for your Keywords are potentially prospective buyers - just my two cents.

Hope this helps!

Custom Targeting via AdWords