AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to turn off specific search partners without turning off all of them?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I suspect that certain search partners (search.mywebsearch.comn, search-results.com, and search.babylon.com) are the source of the majority of fraudulent clicks to my campaign. I'd like to exclude these without excluding the others. Is this possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Is there a way to turn off specific search partners without turning off all of them?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello cocobananas ; Welcome to the community;

This is a nice question; and a wish of many advertisers....Smiley Happy

At the moment, you can opt out of having your campaign on ALL search partners, but not to exclude a specific one.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Is there a way to turn off specific search partners without turning off all of them?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello cocobananas ; Welcome to the community;

This is a nice question; and a wish of many advertisers....Smiley Happy

At the moment, you can opt out of having your campaign on ALL search partners, but not to exclude a specific one.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi MosheTLV,

Just a crazy shot in the dark here but would it be possible to add the unwanted site to "Managed Placements" and then Exclude it??

Thanks!

RPquest

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

RPquest;

This is what many are expecting, that Google will also offer managed placements on the Search Network (similar to Display Network).

However, currently, managed placements feature is available on Display Network only; while the question was about search partners on the search network.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

For large advertisers spending $100K+ per month on AdWords, Google may consider turning off specific Search Partner sites on a case-by-case basis. In my experience, they will only consider this if the advertiser mines referral web logs to show Google where fraudulent activity is coming from.

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

MosheTLV,

OK, Thanks...Hopefully (sometime soon) Google will offer the same Managed Placement in their Partner Search Networks

Thanks Again,

RPquest

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks all. I suspected as much, but wanted to double-check.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 8
Top Contributor Alumni

RPquest wrote:

MosheTLV,

OK, Thanks...Hopefully (sometime soon) Google will offer the same Managed Placement in their Partner Search Networks

Thanks Again,

RPquest

I don't think so.  Advertisers have been requesting this change for years.  Clearly, it's not an engineering problem.  It's a business decision.  I'm not sure why, but Google has decided it's all or nothing for the search partners.

Top Contributor Alumni
# 9
Top Contributor Alumni

tdwhalen555 wrote:

For large advertisers spending $100K+ per month on AdWords, Google may consider turning off specific Search Partner sites on a case-by-case basis. In my experience, they will only consider this if the advertiser mines referral web logs to show Google where fraudulent activity is coming from.

Anyone can request a manual exclusion for their account.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

MosheTLV,

How would I go about excluding all search partners?

Thank you.

Clif