AdWords
6K members online now
6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to turn off location extensions?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to help a client improve the performance of his AdWords accounts. Back on 8/25 (before I got involved), Google apparently changed location extensions so that they're automatically added at the account, tied into Google Business pages.

I'd like to pause the location extensions for this client's account since the extensions are costing money but not driving conversions.

Is there a process for pausing them??

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DavidCulbertson
September 2015

Re: Is there a way to turn off location extensions?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi david,

Yes, you can disable Location extensions for a particular Ad group or Campaign. Refer the following help center article for more information.

Prevent Address from Showing: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Yes. You don't need to have location extensions. Go to the extensions tab and click "edit" on the lower portion and remove the extension.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author DavidCulbertson
September 2015

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi david,

Yes, you can disable Location extensions for a particular Ad group or Campaign. Refer the following help center article for more information.

Prevent Address from Showing: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2404182?hl=en

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thank you!

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks!

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
If I disable a campaign location extension, will it prevent the account location extension from showing to this campaign too?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 7
Community Manager
This 2014 thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the AdWords Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.