AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to have specific ads show for specific keywords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have two ad groups under a campaign and I want only a certain ad to appear with certain keywords? Is that possible as it seems all the ads in the campaign are cycling through? Tks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is there a way to have specific ads show for specific keywords?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Sean, can't you just create an ad group and ads with just those specific keywords in it?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Sean C;

If I got you correctly, you have more than one ad in your ad group;

In this case, the ads rotate (evenly or based on best performing). If you want only one ad, then, create only one ad per ad-group;

But remember, if you do that, and start having many ad-groups with similar keywords, the keywords will compete...That's not something I would recommend;

I like to have ads rotating evenly, but this is completely a matter of campaign structure preferences.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Sean C,

The system is doing exactly what it was designed to do. You can not match specific keywords to specific ads within an AdGroup. That's kind of what AdGroups are for--to group keywords with ads.

If you want specific keywords to match to specific ads, they must be separated out and grouped together in their own AdGroup. As a bonus, your keywords could get a higher QS if the copy is more relevant to the keywords in the new group.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords