AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way to create remarketing shopping/PLA campaigns in search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys,

Since there is an option for search remarketing and dynamic seach remarketing, I was thinking if there is a way to have a product listing ads in the search remarketing, is that possible?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Amy C (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Is there a way to create remarketing shopping/PLA campaigns in sea

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hello Oded,

Thanks for writing in about whether or not there is a way to remarket product listing ads on search - that’s a great question!

At this point in time, search remarketing is not available for Product Listing Ads, which is why you do not see any clicks or impressions in your Audiences tab.

However, as Shanea pointed out, it is possible to remarket Product Listing Ads on our display network through Dynamic Remarketing.

Please let me know if you would like any further clarification. I hope this helps!

Best,

Amy

View solution in original post

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Oded,

This is a great question. Yes this is possible. It is called simply Dynamic Remarketing and not Dynamic Search Remarketing.  With dynamic remarketing, you can show your site visitors an ad with the specific product they viewed on your site.

You can click here to see how to set up a Dynamic Remarketing campaign. 

Please let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Shanea,
Thanks for taking the time to comment.
Actually, I think I have not explained myself correctly. What I like to have is "search remarketing" using PLA. Same as dynamic search remarketing, but using "product targets" and product listing ads. If I am not mistaken your solution is using the display network right?

Thanks again.

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Ok apologies that I misunderstood.

To do this you need to: 
  1. Set up a regular search campaign
  2. Link it to your merchant center account
  3. Add an product target
  4. Create a PLA
  5. Add an audience of your remarketing list
  6. Set up bidding
  7. Cick Save.
Bear in mind that the way you bid will have an affect on how the ads show to your audience.

Bid only:
If you want everyone searching for your PLAs to see your ad, you should go for the "Bid only" option. You will be able to set a bid adjustment for the people in your remarketing list to bid higher for them, but your add will be eligible to show to everyone.

Target and bid: 
Use this option if you only want your PLAs to show to people who are on your remarketing list and bid on them specifically. 

I hope that helps. Let me know if you need help along the way. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shanea, Thanks for taking the time to help with this.
actually, this is the way I have it setup. I have my list set to "Target and bid" but for some reason the ads are showing to people other then my Remarketing list.
In the audiences tab I see no impressions and click, but on the Auto targets I see all the data.

I have attached an image for your reference

audience.PNG

audience.PNG

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Amy C (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hello Oded,

Thanks for writing in about whether or not there is a way to remarket product listing ads on search - that’s a great question!

At this point in time, search remarketing is not available for Product Listing Ads, which is why you do not see any clicks or impressions in your Audiences tab.

However, as Shanea pointed out, it is possible to remarket Product Listing Ads on our display network through Dynamic Remarketing.

Please let me know if you would like any further clarification. I hope this helps!

Best,

Amy

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Amy,
I am already running dynamic remarketing in the display network Smiley Happy
Thanks for clearing this out for me.