AdWords
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way that i can sync adwords account to adwords editor?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I started using adwords editor a month ago to update everything on my adwords account. But i am not the only marketer on the company and someone made changes to the live adwords account. This makes the files i originally made in the editor out of date or changed. Is there a way to avoid this, a way of syncing both programs to each other?

Thanks in advance, 

Randy

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Randy C
September 2015

Re: Is there a way that i can sync adwords account to adwords editor?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Randy C,

You can use 'Get Recent Changes' to update AdWords Editor. This would pull all changes since last sync.

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Nope - we are explaining the sync both ways.... In my reply I said that when you start up editor you should select get recent changes - from all campaigns - this goes to AdWords and syncs from AdWords to Editor - you need to accept these changes for them to take effect in Editor - then, when you've finished working you upload all your changes from editor to Adwords....

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Randy C,

You can use 'Get Recent Changes' to update AdWords Editor. This would pull all changes since last sync.

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thats what i did, and i changed some ad text on editor. When i uploaded the new editor changes, my colleage saw tha this changes were gone. W concluded that his changes were overwritten with my post from editor. This is when we thought that there had to be a way to sync what happens in adwords interface into the editor.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
When you start up the editor you should always "Get Recent Changes" as Sumanth recommends - then you must accept these changes.

Once you have worked on the files in editor you must them upload - but make sure in both sync's that you are either downloading or uploading data from ALL campaigns and not just selected campaigns... I suspect this is what might have happened in your case.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You guys are explaining from Editor to Adwords. I want to know if there is a way to update what has been done in Adwords, in Editor. Maybe you advice to update everything in Editor instead of Adwords to avoid this, but the mistake has been done already and I want to know how it can be reversed without manually typing the changes.

Randy
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Nope - we are explaining the sync both ways.... In my reply I said that when you start up editor you should select get recent changes - from all campaigns - this goes to AdWords and syncs from AdWords to Editor - you need to accept these changes for them to take effect in Editor - then, when you've finished working you upload all your changes from editor to Adwords....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I am facing a similar situation where I am trying to 'get recent changes' from AdWords to editor. It doesn't get all the recent changes that've been made in the account directly.

How can I download the new campaigns in AWE that I made directly in the Google AdWords interface without using editor?

Please help!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is not the case. If you have two copies of adwords editor and you sync them both to the adwords account. User one make some changes adds new keywords and posts to the account. User two also make some changes adds keywords but does not post them. User two then gets the latest changes from User one. The keywords editor for user two now displays a different total for keywords than editor for user one. This is massively confusing if you are dealing with thousands keywords how are you supposed to know which keywords are missing from which editor. Is there anyway to force the synchronisation with the adwords account ?