AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way of creating remarketing list for on-click events?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to retarget to all those who clicked on a button that triggered a script to display a users contact detail. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Craig B (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Is there a way of creating remarketing list for on-click events?

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Toniwans,

My name is Craig from Google AdWords and I am happy to help you out with remarketing to on-click events. It is possible to remarket to users who have clicked a button on your site with the use of Google Analytics. In order to do this, you will first need to have event tracking setup around the button click in your Analytics account. After you are tracking button clicks as events, you will then want to create a goal for the event completion. Once you have setup an event to track as a goal, you can then set up a new remarketing list in Analytics which targets all users who completed a conversion goal. At this point the remarketing list will gather users based on the goal completion of an event button click and you will be able to remarket to those users in AdWords using this list. I hope this is useful and let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,

Craig B.

View solution in original post

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Greeting !
Please apply ReMarketing code on the page which opens after clicking on button . when you have 100 visitors then your ad, will be activated you are also requested to visit https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en and refer sub topic visitors of a page in Templates for creating remarketing lists.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Craig B (Google Employee)
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 3
Google Employee

Hi Toniwans,

My name is Craig from Google AdWords and I am happy to help you out with remarketing to on-click events. It is possible to remarket to users who have clicked a button on your site with the use of Google Analytics. In order to do this, you will first need to have event tracking setup around the button click in your Analytics account. After you are tracking button clicks as events, you will then want to create a goal for the event completion. Once you have setup an event to track as a goal, you can then set up a new remarketing list in Analytics which targets all users who completed a conversion goal. At this point the remarketing list will gather users based on the goal completion of an event button click and you will be able to remarket to those users in AdWords using this list. I hope this is useful and let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,

Craig B.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for this Craig implementing it right away.