AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a way i can control the starting hour of a campaign i need it to run 24 hrs a day.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is there a way i can control the starting hour of a campaign  i need it to run 24 hrs a day.The starting point have to be 8 am

until the budget runs out and then start again at 8 am the next morning.

4 Expert replyverified_user
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Is there a way i can control the starting hour of a campaign i need it to run 24 hrs a day.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shlomi,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

If you want your campaign to run 24 Hrs then there is no point in telling it should start from 8 AM in the morning Smiley Happy

But if you want to restart your campaign from 8AM in the morning next day once a day's budget is exhausted, then you need to put your campaign under custom ad scheduling. (That means you will not be running your ad from 12 AM to 8AM)

Check this link to find out how.

hope this helps,

Info

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Re: Is there a way i can control the starting hour of a campaign i need it to run 24 hrs a day.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

A quick addition I would like to make here that you won't be able to use ad scheduling if your campaign type is standard. In order to cross check that, go to campaign settings and select the campaign type >> all features. This would enable the advanced settings for you and if you want you can use the ad scheduling.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2567043

You might also want to look at automated rules to fulfill the desired requirements for your campaigns. This is the article to read.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Slomi,

Ad scheduling is required because you want to start Only from 8AM next day once your daily budget is exhausted.

But if you don't want to loose these hours (12AM to 8AM) then allow your ad to run without ad scheduling.

In that case your ads will start from the beginning of 'next day' (12AM)

Hope this helps,

Info

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Shlomi,

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

If you want your campaign to run 24 Hrs then there is no point in telling it should start from 8 AM in the morning Smiley Happy

But if you want to restart your campaign from 8AM in the morning next day once a day's budget is exhausted, then you need to put your campaign under custom ad scheduling. (That means you will not be running your ad from 12 AM to 8AM)

Check this link to find out how.

hope this helps,

Info

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

A quick addition I would like to make here that you won't be able to use ad scheduling if your campaign type is standard. In order to cross check that, go to campaign settings and select the campaign type >> all features. This would enable the advanced settings for you and if you want you can use the ad scheduling.

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2567043

You might also want to look at automated rules to fulfill the desired requirements for your campaigns. This is the article to read.

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
thanks for the help is there no other way i can choose the starting point with out losing these hours?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Slomi,

Ad scheduling is required because you want to start Only from 8AM next day once your daily budget is exhausted.

But if you don't want to loose these hours (12AM to 8AM) then allow your ad to run without ad scheduling.

In that case your ads will start from the beginning of 'next day' (12AM)

Hope this helps,

Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So there's no actual solution.

My campaign is for english speaking countries my main market is the U.S,so i dont want my budget to be depleted in Australia,UK etc- it happens when I let it run 24 hours.If the budget is depleted in the US its ok, but if not I want it to continue runing ,that I cant do if I'm using the ad schedualig solution that came up here.I think its should be rather simple for google to let the customer choose when he wants to start the campaign and not be arbitrarily about the starting point (12AM).this way the custumoer wont have to give up any part of the day. 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hello shlomi

>>> "I think its should be rather simple for google to let the customer choose when he wants to start the campaign and not be arbitrarily about the starting point (12AM)."

Please keep in mind, that ad scheduling has many "downstream" effects. (e.g. Reporting, budget spending, reporting .. To Analytics ...etc...)

To keep synchronization between all these campaign features / setting options - a baseline for campaign scheduling is set to 12:00 am

I agree that this is a bit confusing for Geo-targeting other countries... Smiley Surprised I add to my desktop a widget, that shows different time-zones, so I can easily see the time in another location when using ad-scheduling.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Shlomi,

If your daily budget permits, why don't you split your campaign? To campaigns targeting specific countries.

This will allow you to provide seperate budget for each campaign/country.

You can easily monitor the country wise performance and optimize each campaign based on ROI.

And you can use ad scheduling the way you want Smiley Happy

Just a thought.

Info

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I would love to do it but I dont have the budget.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hello again Shlomi,

I would stress on what has been said above.

Go for separate country level campaigns in order to match the time zone settings because it's a huge gap in terms of time zones and you won't be able to analyze the performance metrics successfully for a better ROI.

Try to run a geographical report and see which countries have been more fruitful for your business. Then you can allocate the budget based on your statistics.

Also, there's new concept called Shared Budgets where daily budget among different campaigns can be shared across within one day. Read more here : http://adwords.blogspot.in/2012/09/new-adwords-budget-option-shared-budgets_17.html

Just few of my thoughts!

Pankaj