AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a difference in the way the ad it typed in Google or Preview Tool.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Problem :In the ad it has a lowercase "o" for Orange, TX.

I'm not sure why it is showing that way. In adwords the ad and keyword are capitalized.

We have tried typing it with a capital and lower-case O, either way, we get different results depending on the use of different computers or locations.

In the add, appearing for me I see: Client Name Insurance, Orange, TX

Another collegue sees: Client Name Insurance, orange, TX.

Please help. Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Is there a difference in the way the ad it typed in Google or Preview Tool.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Kendrao,

If the problem is the DKI, you may want to take a look at the Capitalization Rules and make sure you're set up correctly for the output that you're looking for.  The way you have 'keyword' in the code triggers the capitalization of the keyword in the ad.

If this is not your issue, can you please let us know which extensions you are using and if the issue appears to be an extension or not.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

to confirm you have the actual text Orange, TX and are not using dynamic keyword insertion for the effect?

Kim Clink, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Clink Digital Marketing
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the 'Best Answer.'

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Kendrao,

Welcome to the Community!

Are you by chance using any ad modification techniques like Ad Extensions or any Dynamic Elements in the ad where this capitalization issue is occurring?  Do you have multiple ads that could be serving and by chance you may think one ad is serving when in fact it could be another ad? 

The more details you can share the better chance someone may be able to help.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am using dynamic keyword insertion, as well as havaing an ad extention.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Kendrao,

If the problem is the DKI, you may want to take a look at the Capitalization Rules and make sure you're set up correctly for the output that you're looking for.  The way you have 'keyword' in the code triggers the capitalization of the keyword in the ad.

If this is not your issue, can you please let us know which extensions you are using and if the issue appears to be an extension or not.

-Tom

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems that taking the DKI entirely has dissolved the issue. I checked back yesterday at the capitalization rules of DKI, and it appears I am doing it correctly. Thank you for the help everyone. I will let you know if the problem arises again, without the use of DKI.

- Kendra.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have also recognized that the ad-extension DKI differed from the regular as. EX: I have my ad as {Keyword:_____}, whereas the ad-extension was {KeyWord:_____}. I didn't think it mattered because the ads were going to rotate. I am not quite sure if this has fixed the problem entirely, but I am looking hopeful.