AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is there a complete list of special words for use in ad copy?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In addition to the search terms that can be auto-plugged into your ad copy, I was hoping to know if there was a list of special placeholder words (automatically generated) that could be used in addition.

For example:

- day of the week

- browser / phone type /etc

- name of site where ad is placed

As a result I'm hoping to create ads such as:

Guitar Lessons in London
Use coupon code TUESDAY

20% off on first lesson

Play Super Mario
Arcade games for your iPhone
Free one-click downloads.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Is there a complete list of special words for use in ad copy?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi David,

Hi David,

In addition to the resources Asaf shared, there are additional details about dynamic ad customizers here: (See Tools)
https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/solutions/

Also, just a note, Search Queries are not inserted into your ads, your keywords are, if referring to dynamic keyword insertion.

Also, one final note, be cautious with what you dynamically or otherwise put into your text ads that may be considered a trademark. You could have permission, and if that's the case, you're in the clear, but it's worth mentioning and something to consider at all times.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Hope this helps!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey David,

I know its not what you asked for, but I think you might find "Ad customizers".

With "Ad customizers" you can create a COUNTDOWN so you ad text might be something like: $199 - sale ends in 5 days. (and the "5 days" is getting an automatic update)

You can learn more here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6072565?hl=en

Cheers,

Asaf
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi David,

Hi David,

In addition to the resources Asaf shared, there are additional details about dynamic ad customizers here: (See Tools)
https://developers.google.com/adwords/scripts/docs/solutions/

Also, just a note, Search Queries are not inserted into your ads, your keywords are, if referring to dynamic keyword insertion.

Also, one final note, be cautious with what you dynamically or otherwise put into your text ads that may be considered a trademark. You could have permission, and if that's the case, you're in the clear, but it's worth mentioning and something to consider at all times.

https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6118?hl=en

Hope this helps!

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi David,

Both Asaf and Tommy posted good answers. The most important thing that you can do is try to differentiate yourself from your competitors, so I would start your ad brainstorming by determining what separates you from similar companies? Free shipping, Live chats, Awards, Sale, Wide selection of options, etc. It's also good to try to include a keyword in your ad and try to incorporate a call-to-action, something like buy now! or get more info!

Last but certainly not least, be sure you are following AdWords editorial policies or your ads will be disapproved.

Hope this helps!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Amy, your answers is partially helpful.

I think I may have been unclear about my question. Specifically I'm looking for placeholder keywords that get automatically replaced when the ad is shown. For example with the kind of device the person has, or the day of the week.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hey David,

Did you figure anything out here? I would re-word the query slightly here as you're looking for a list of standard parameters for use in customized ads. For instance, there should be a simple parameter to insert the day of the week, automatically, or the month, etc...this is an example - not a real parameter.

'Check out {=Date.Dayofweek}'s specials" would auto update to "Check out Monday's specials." automatically on Monday.

I'm not sure that registered with me immediately the other day but actually found myself looking for something similar recently.

-Tommy