AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is sharing of remarketing audience possible?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Say I publish an article on site A (site A is not mine).

I want to target all visitors who saw my article on site A and serve them ads that will send them to site B. Site B belongs to me and I have admin properties in site B Google Analytics.

What is the right way to do this?

Do I need to ask owner of site A to create a list (audience) and share that list with my Adwords account?
If the answer is "yes" - how should site A owner do the sharing part technically?

Thanks in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ori V
September 2015

Re: Is sharing of remarketing audience possible?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Ori.

There are two ways to accomplish this:

- with Google Analytics, but this means site A needs to be linked to your AdWords account (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en ; please note that you need a user with edit permissions in Analytics to be an admin in AdWords. Not too feasible, I think)
- with Google AdWords (the easier way, imho); you create a remarketing tag in your AdWords account, ask the admin of site A to include it on your article page(s) and that's all he needs to do. From then on you'll be the only one having access to the list, from the AdWords account where you created it.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ori V
September 2015

Re: Is sharing of remarketing audience possible?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Ori.

There are two ways to accomplish this:

- with Google Analytics, but this means site A needs to be linked to your AdWords account (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704341?hl=en ; please note that you need a user with edit permissions in Analytics to be an admin in AdWords. Not too feasible, I think)
- with Google AdWords (the easier way, imho); you create a remarketing tag in your AdWords account, ask the admin of site A to include it on your article page(s) and that's all he needs to do. From then on you'll be the only one having access to the list, from the AdWords account where you created it.

Hope it helps.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.