AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is it time consuming to create Adword campaigns?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How long would it take on average for me to do an Adword campaign? On average for a small company, how long does it take

I am new to this program and know almost nothing so everything will be very slow at the start for me.

I have many jobs within my company and I need to know if this will fit into my schedule. 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it time consuming to create Adword campaigns?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Janice,
Unfortunately, that's a "how long is a piece of string" question.
AdWords can be quite challenging to learn but Google have created AdWords express to help advertisers like you ease into AdWords with a shallower learning curve. More details can be found here: http://www.google.com/adwords/express/

You can also ask questions about AdWords Express in the new AdWords express forum here: https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/AdWords-Express/bd-p/AdWordsExpress

Hope that helps.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Janice C
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Janice, like any complex activity there is a learning curve with AdWords and, unfortunately, much of that learning can only be gained by actual "hands on" experience.  If you want to get the very best out of AdWords (or any) advertising, you have to approach it as you would any skilled task; it will take time, effort, and learning.  I've been using AdWords for over 12 years and am a professional consultant but I still learn every day.

The best advice I can give is that if you approach AdWords as a "side" project and don't devote the time to it that it needs, you run the risk of any money you spend being wasted.  AdWords can be extremely effective in promoting your business but it is a skill that needs to be learned.  Many users "dabble" with advertising and then are unimpressed with the results but this is often not the fault of the program but a reflection on the amount of time and effort they have spent.  

You've made the right step though in coming here.  This Community abounds with people who will help you through the maze that is AdWords.  I'd recommend that you take things slowly, consider your approach carefully and be prepared to spend more time than you might think tuning your Account.  

If you feel like you won't have time to do this, it may be best to consider hiring a professional to manage your advertising on your behalf.  Any decent consultant should be able to cover their costs through their own skill and return - or, at worst, their advice that your business does not suit the AdWords model.

Do come back to us with more questions, we'll be happy to help.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for responding and giving me your advice. 

I believe I can spent about 1-2 hours per weekday on this project. I am doing my research before I start my first campaign and I like what I see so far. Adwords looks very interesting and profitable when done correctly. 

I am working out what I should budget per click, QS keywords and content for the text right now. From what I can see, $10 per day is recommended for beginners.

The 1-2 hours per weekday is not set. I think I can mange 2-3 hours probably if I plan this correctly ( time will be space out). Do you think it would be possible for me to run a semi-successful campaign within this time period? I want to do this but I also do not want to waste money for my company.  

I realize I would need to spent more time in the start but after I set everything up, would the 1-3 hours per weekday be enough?