AdWords
2K members online now
2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to use re marketing list with managed placement?

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

I create display campaign and select re-marketing and use my re-marketing list but after some days I use managed placement for my display campaign with existed re-marketing campaign. In this situation Google does not used my managed list of website for display the image ads. & it's only use the re-marketing list.

So I have question that whatever I am doing is it right and possible or not?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is it possible to use re marketing list with managed placement?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Mohit,

Yes, it is possible to use this combination, but I'd like to ask here about the objective. Combining two targeting methods would narrow your reach, as your ads would be shown to users who fall under both the categories. As a best practice, I wouldn't suggest combining remarketing lists with any other targeting method, as your target audience is defined in the list.

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mohit B
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mohit

There are two aspects of the targeting that you are talking about, since you are talking about the re-marketing campaign so I am considering that you are bidding with "target and bid" setting on the re-marketing list.

Scenario 1 : Using managed placement with "target and bid" setting - Here Google will show your ads to the users who are visiting these particular managed placements and are also available on your re-marketing list.

Scenario 2 : Using managed placements with "bid only" setting - Here your targeting will be your re-marketing list and your ads will be shown on any placements where the users on your re-marketing list are going, but here you will have the option to bid higher or lower on the placements which you have added as managed placements.

Hope this helps...!

Abhishek

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your reply.
I am taking about re-marketing with managed placement & I used target & bid method. I got solution from Google representative chat that "if you use re-marketing with managed placement then choose placement URL from re-marketing placement records and also use website exclusions for website from re-marketing list records, where you don't want to show your ads. by using this combination you can take the benefits of re-marketing and managed placement combination."

Is it right solution?

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Mohit

I am able to sum up the solution exactly that you have mentioned. Could you please explain it more clearly so that community members can help you with the same.

Abhishek

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
My simple question is how I use managed placement with re-marketing campaign?
& clear me, exactly what is re-marketing list ?
list of website ? or the data on the basis of cookies which has saved in visitor system.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
Hi Mohit,

Managed Placements are a list of placements/websites you'd like to target, while a remarketing list is a collection of users (tracked by cookies) who've visited your website. If you wish to use both targeting methods together, you'll have to add them in the same ad group. However, please be aware that your target audience would be very less, as it would be a combination (placements+remarketing) of both.

Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks sridhar,

Now as you clarify what is re-marketing list and managed placement. Now clarify me how re marketing list with managed placement work ?

For more reference read previous discussions. I think you understand What I want to know?

I clarify that there is not my any specific objective but I want to know about this thing because accidentally I run such type of campaign & get more clicks. I filled that I got invalid clicks but as conclusion from chat (discuss in this thread) confusing. So my interest has increased to know about how these combination work?

question.png

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star
Mohit,

When you use both the targeting, your ads would show on websites in the managed placement list and only to users who are in the remarketing list. As explained by Abhishek here, your target audience would be very narrow.

Hope that clarifies!
Sumanth Sridhar