AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to switch a campaign back to Legacy? (from enhanced)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just switched one of my campaign over to the new "Enhanced" option, and I'm not happy that I can't choose NOT to advertise on mobile or tablets. The enhanced option promised more options for advetisers, but it removes the ability to choose which device you advertise on. Does anyone know if it is possible to switch back to Legacy, and if so how to do it?

Thanks,

Brad

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Re: Is it possible to switch a campaign back to Legacy? (from enhanced

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello walkerbout; welcome

To my knowledge, No. Once switched, you cannot go back;

The up side: The sooner you start getting yourself familiar with EC- the better. Smiley Happy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Theresa_Zook (Top Contributor Alumni)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello walkerbout; welcome

To my knowledge, No. Once switched, you cannot go back;

The up side: The sooner you start getting yourself familiar with EC- the better. Smiley Happy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any idea if you can set it up so you only advertise on Computers, not tablets? (I read the post about settting bidding on moibles to -100%, so that takes care of mobiles)

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

HI walkerbout

I must admit I felt a little uneasy about the new enhanced campaigns, but there really are quite a lot of learning resources available to learn about it. I've signed up to watch all of the webinars in the enhanced campaigns series, it's not just the actual webinar that i am finding useful but also the q & a section at the end, you can add your queries which are answered by the webinar team there and then, there are so many viewers of the webinar asking great questions too. I recommend signing up for them (two have already aired, however I believe you will still get to see them 'on demand' from the webinars page at a later date)

I hope you sign up, I think it's a great way to get a better understanding Smiley Happy

Kind regards

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hello again;

In my campaigns desktop and computers are "same targeting  device/ platform",  though  statistics shown  for  each of them.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi walkerbout - can I ask why you're so against advertising on tablets?  For many people a tablet is simply a desktop that you carry around, little more than a more portable laptop and laptops have been the primary "computer" for a great many householders for a long time.  I'm not critcising, I'm simply interested in the business you're advertising that has a specific need not to address tablet owners/users.

I should also add that you can differentiate between devices on the Display Network still.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi walkerbout,

Although I haven't switched over yet, is there an option to just bid $0.01 so that the likelyhood of any ad being shown on that device to be almost zero?

Hope this helps,

RPquest 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

YOu can change the mobile bid to -100% to prevent your ads showing on mobile devices. I don't think this is possible with tablets.

I too am uneasy about EC, I like having separate campaigns for each device, bid management, ad copy variations, performance reporting is much easier with separate campaigns.

I am going to delay "upgrading" for as long as possible and hopefully a few ammends will be make prior to it's full launch.

Ryan.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Cobnut,

I'm not in any way against advertising on tablets. I just don't like being forced to advertise on desktops AND tablets, without the ability to separate them in some way. People use tablets very differently to the way they use a desktop, and this can have a big effect on how people buy. My buyers are more responsive on desktops than they are on tablets, so I want to bid higher for desktops than I do with tablets. It's simply about letting the advertiser choose what's best for them.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I can't believe someone on an advertising forum would be so dense.

People don't buy merchandise from tablets on pages not designed for them. Most purchases on tablets are with very smoothly developed apps. It is extremely cumbersome to enter form information on tablets, so most people are just relaxing and window shopping when on one.

People are more likely to buy or subscribe on their desktop. 

I just realized this issue tonight and have to go back and use the legacy settings for all my new campaigns.