AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is it possible to filter users who have X app installed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

Let's say I'm a ebay competitor, so I want people that have the ebay app installed see my ad...

Is this possible?

P.S. (my ad/ads will be displayed on other mobile apps, not on the web...)

Thanks,
Best Regards, Rodrigo Graça

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

@Rodrigo G

@Abbie Rwas correct in telling you that you cannot do this. You have to advertise on the app if you want to target its users.  Your next best bet is to select "show my ads to all potential app users."   If you've made it obvious that your app is similar to the ebay app, there is a good chance your ads will get in front of those who use the ebay app.

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Rodgrido,

Yes this is indeed possible! 

You'd just need to set up a display campaign and target in-app ad placements. You could even target specific placements if you wanted to (as long as they were available). 

Read here for more: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722057?hl=en-GB

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I think you didn't understood me...

I'm asking if it's possible to target users who have X app installed, not show ads on X app ...

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

No, I understand but I'm saying this is the closest thing to what you are looking for. You can't simply target users with X apps installed because that user "profile" data is not readily available outside of the display network targeting. 

https://ppcmode.com/adwords-solo-app-targeting/

Here is a good article you can check out for more.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Do you want to target the users on a different network?  I'm not sure I understand the intent?

B/C if you target X app, then the users in theory have the app installed to see the ad, right?

Re: Is it possible to filter users who have X app installed?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Check this;

Place your ads in the apps where you’d like them to appear

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722057?hl

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Is it possible to filter users who have X app installed?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Shanee_Kirk 

Let's say that I'm creating a new social network. So I want show ads (on other apps) for my new social network to people who have Facebook installed.

I don't want to show ads on the Facebook app but I want that only people who currently have Facebook installed see my ad....

(don't get confused about facebook ads because it was an example)

Another example:

Imagine that I have a image editing app, I want to show ads for that app to people who have for example Instagram, Snapchat, etc installed.... Because my app edits the photos so that they can post on Instagram, Snapchat, etc... So I don't want to waste money in ads/installs if that person doesn't have Instagram, Snapchat, etc ....

Got it? Smiley Happy

I'm sorry if this is confusing .....

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
January 2017

[ Edited ]
Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

@Rodrigo G

@Abbie Rwas correct in telling you that you cannot do this. You have to advertise on the app if you want to target its users.  Your next best bet is to select "show my ads to all potential app users."   If you've made it obvious that your app is similar to the ebay app, there is a good chance your ads will get in front of those who use the ebay app.