AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is it no longer possible to create display network only campaigns?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

On Friday, we set up a campaign for only the display network so that we can use different measures to target the search network and the display network separately. The plan with the paprticular ad groups within this campaign is to make use of the audience targeting, we've got everything set up yet three days later, everything in the campaign is just saying 'Campaign Pending "This campaign is not currently enabled. We're only able to provide diagnosis information for keywords in campaigns that are opted in to the Search Network. We're only able to provide diagnosis information for text ads."

Please could anyone shed any light onto what this problem could be? We used to be able to run campaigns on the display network and only the network without having any search network options enabled...

(The website tag for the audiences remarketing list is live on the website in question to by the way).

Thanks in advance.

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author zigojacko
September 2015

Hi Geoff,   Couple more things...Please verify that these...

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Geoff,

Couple more things...Please verify that these campaigns, adgroups and ads are ALL 'enabled' and not paused.

Also,  did you set a start date for the campaigns?  Check bottom of settings pages under Schedule.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Hi zigojacko,   You are correct. GDN campaigns should be...

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi zigojacko,

You are correct. GDN campaigns should be run separately from other campaigns targeting alternative networks.  No problems there.

Have your audience lists/custom combination lists reached 100 members yet?  This is a requirement for audience based campaigns to run.

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Hi Tom,   Thanks for the prompt reply, you may well have...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the prompt reply, you may well have hit the nail on the head, I'm not entirely sure how the best method to check this is actually because if I select 'Audiences' from the left hand menu under 'Shared Library', nothing loads on the page (just the Google loading icon spinning round) which I'm presuming isn't supposed to happen.

Is there another way I can check this do you know? The remarketing tagging code has been installed on the website since Friday (every page of the site) and the website receives between 500 and 1000 unique visits per day so I would have thought there would have been something substantial building up in the list so far.

Many thanks,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,   You are looking in the correct place.  Perhap...

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Geoff,

You are looking in the correct place.  Perhaps a restart of your browser/computer will clear up your issues?  You were able to set up your audiences without issue, I'm hoping that a simple reset will sort this out for you.

-Tom

Hi Tom,   I've managed to get the page to load (force ref...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

I've managed to get the page to load (force refresh). I can confirm that the number of the users in the list is currently at 390 according to the 'Audience' page. However, the campaign still is shown as 'Campaign Pending'.

The ad groups contain targeted keywords, no text ads, image ads only and is only set to run in the display network (not search network at all).

Many thanks,

Geoff

Target Audience Lists

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Geoff,

Next step before really digging into settings.  Have you targeted your audience lists on the Audience tab

-Tom

Hi Tom,   Yes, for both ad groups in question, the remark...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Yes, for both ad groups in question, the remarketing list is clearly listed under the 'Audiences' tab and appears in the table where the data will appear (currently with 'Campaign Pending' against it however).

Thanks for helping out, happy to provide all campaign settings if it means identifying the root of the problem.

Many thanks,

Geoff

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author zigojacko
September 2015

Hi Geoff,   Couple more things...Please verify that these...

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi Geoff,

Couple more things...Please verify that these campaigns, adgroups and ads are ALL 'enabled' and not paused.

Also,  did you set a start date for the campaigns?  Check bottom of settings pages under Schedule.

-Tom

Hi Geoff,   There are a couple things going on here. The...

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Geoff,

There are a couple things going on here. The most significant factor is that this is an image campaign (rather than text). Review of image ads is necessarily a manual operation. Text ad review is largely done by computers and generally takes a lot less time to approve. I recommend you have a little patience and give it a couple more days for the review. Your ads should start running shortly after that. Because image ads take longer to be approved, I usually recommend creating your campaign well bvefore you wish it to begin running. You can create the campaign and put it on pause until you want your campaign to begin. Paused campaigns are now reviewed while in paused status.

In a DN campaign, you won't get any data for specific keywords. That's just how it works. So, when you hover over the little bubble you will always get the message "We're only able to provide diagnosis information for keywords in campaigns that are opted in to the Search Network."

Since you are using only iimage ads in this campaign, you will always get "We're only able to provide diagnosis information for text ads.".

And, while your campaign is being reviewed, you will also see the message "This campaign is not currently enabled".

Please let us know how it turns out.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Hi Tom,   Yes everything was enabled but you did it, you...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom,

Yes everything was enabled but you did it, you identified the problem for me (start date was scheduled for 1st April) so now I hope the campaign will come out of 'pending' mode. Thanks ever so much for your help and can't believe I overlooked the obvious- heh.

Thanks again Smiley Happy