AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is it google slap?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am running a campaign for 5 days already and gained good number of impressions. Now the problem is my ads appear for approx 2 hours and then they disappear for most of the keywords. 

On diagnosis I start getting the message "... adrank is low....".  I have called adwords a number of times. But still no solution. I am bidding compettively and when my ads are displayed in forst two hours they have avg position 1-2 and recieve good number of clicks.

Please help me rectifying this problem.

Ujjwal

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ujji7
September 2015

Re: Is it google slap?

Top Contributor
# 25
Top Contributor

@ujji7

OK;

I am referring the case to Google asking for a review;;

Please keep us posted;

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

There are really so many things that could be happening here...

A guess would be that after your first two hours of advertising competition is day part bidding their ads significantly higher and shutting you out of the auction. 

What I'd do is to look at a keyword that has been running the first two hours pretty successfully and then look at the auction insight report (under the Keyword Details drop down). This may be able to help you see which competitors to look out for throughout the day.

Another posibility is that your campaign settings have a day part bidding mistake in them. It's unlikely that Google wouldn't have caught that one when you've called though. 

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey,

Above mentioned reason may be effecting your campaign.

What I would suggest is to check the quality socre of your keywords, I think they are not so good. Normally we face the issue after setting up a campaign within week or 10 days. During this period qulaity socre keeps fluctuating and if it becomes worse then your rank will go down. Then you bid high to place your ad. That is what happening in your campaign as of now. 

Please check your quality score and let us know what is your current quality score, may be we will get few more clues to suggest you better.

Regards,

Foyzul

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for the reply! Its really insightful. I will check it and see how I can use the info for my problem.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Foyzul,
From the time campaign has started campaign has gained 2800 impressions and 78 clicks. The keywords which recieved most impression has quality score of 4,5,6 and 7 in decreasing order of shares. Like 50% have 4 QS, 30% has 5 and like that. Average position is 2.5.
I have above 5% CTR in first half of day. Then few of my keywords start displaying but on 8-11 position this increase my impression share and decrease my CTR. So often I pause my campaign. I have set this kind of campaign earlier also and didn't see such issues.
One more thing I have recived the message"account is under review" 3 times in last 5 days. It stays there for a while then it goes away.
From my experience I can tell I am bidding very competitively and when I recieve message adrank low even after increasing bid by $2-5 I dont get my ad on first page.
It looks like I have to work hard to keep my ad from disappearing throughout the day.

Thanks again.

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Ujjal,

Here I can see you are facing multiple issues.

Impression issue - I guess you are into a very competitive industry, where audtion goes very high during pick hours and your ad rank decreses due to heavy competition during that working hours. You need not to spend your entire time bidding again and again, you can activate an automate rule which will automaticaly increase your bidding when competition increses. Click here for more information on the automate rules.

http://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472779?hl=en

As I was assuming your quality score is not so good, which is effecting highly during competitive hours. Try improving your quality score, or else you will face the issue. When competition is high, you will left with no option other than bissing higher, which will burn your budget. You can improve the quality score here to pay lesser during these hours.

Ads under review - Adwords always reviews advertisement after they are created, But yes your issue is bit sensitive. I guess you are using some trademark terms in your ad text or in your keywords, which causes review of advertisement every time and even for a longer time as well. Secondly, can you check if multiple accounts were created for promoting the same website, and the billing address also. Some times bad billing history also effect newly created accounts and campaign and lead them to review.

Regards,

Foyzul

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks for the reply.

One more thing I like to know. I have set manual payment. Does the adwords consider the actual credit avaulable in my account as budget or the budget that have set in my setting which is very high ?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hello;

"Google slap" is an "archaic" "jargon" that doesn't exist anymore;

For  the first 1000 impressions, the QS you are given is not yours; but based on other advertisers' QS for the exact match type of a given keyword;

After you gained 1000 impressions, the system has enough data to start calculating your own QS - mostly based on CTR.

Account under review is different from ads under review. Can you share your URL, so we can have a look that it meets the Policy?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi ,

I just checked the bidding comptetion for same keywords from my friend account for different domain in same industry.

He has lower quality score and bidding 1/4 of my bid and has lower CTR. But his ads are getting higher postion than mine.

I am just more confused now.

Please help on this issue.

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi MosheTLV,

Thanks for your support.

Here is one of the landing page : www.techssup.com/hp/hp_printer.html

Please have a look and tell me If I need to change things on it. One thing I have content on this page copied from wiki. But this industry users usually don't learn from webpages, they need to call the number for support.

One more thing as I am seeing other competitor (he is my friend) bidding for same keyword(his is phrase match,mine is exact) he gets top page bid around 9-10$, but for me its $41 and am bidding at $17 already.

Ujjwal