AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is it good idea to rapidly change in keywords bidding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am working in a Techsupport company and handling an account of adwords. In Techsupport

account i have to rapidly change in bidding to reduce number of call if we see number of

calls is more than our Techsupport Engineers.

So would u suggest me is it good idea to rapidly change in bidding or it's harmful for our

account. Plz suggest me ASAP.

2 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashutosh_Singh
September 2015

Re: Is it good idea to rapidly change in keywords bidding

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ashutosh_Singh and welcome to the forum.

Generally speaking, no part of Adwords enjoys being changed rapidly - and from the sound of things you could be doing this multiple times a day, yes?  Whether it affects your account or not is open to debate.  I would certainly say that making too many, too frequent changes to budget is not a good idea but with bids, I just don't know, but I suspect the effect will be limited.

A much better approach would be to try and establish a pattern of supply and demand, then use Adwords tools to match that pattern closely.  The best tools for this job are the Ad Scheduling and Bid Adjustment tools (found under the same setting in Campaign Settings).  If you can find a pattern, you may be able to use Bid Adjustment to control the display of your Ads more automatically.

Bid Adjustment

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi;

I am with Jon on that issue. I have noticed that too many frequent changes cause the system to higher the bid.

My conclusion was that (like any system in the nature)  Adwords needs to reach equilibrium and to sustain it, and changes should be slow. (e.g. reduce or increase the bid by slow increments).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Ashutosh_Singh and welcome to the forum.

Generally speaking, no part of Adwords enjoys being changed rapidly - and from the sound of things you could be doing this multiple times a day, yes?  Whether it affects your account or not is open to debate.  I would certainly say that making too many, too frequent changes to budget is not a good idea but with bids, I just don't know, but I suspect the effect will be limited.

A much better approach would be to try and establish a pattern of supply and demand, then use Adwords tools to match that pattern closely.  The best tools for this job are the Ad Scheduling and Bid Adjustment tools (found under the same setting in Campaign Settings).  If you can find a pattern, you may be able to use Bid Adjustment to control the display of your Ads more automatically.

Bid Adjustment

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi;

I am with Jon on that issue. I have noticed that too many frequent changes cause the system to higher the bid.

My conclusion was that (like any system in the nature)  Adwords needs to reach equilibrium and to sustain it, and changes should be slow. (e.g. reduce or increase the bid by slow increments).

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Cobnut....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Moshe