AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is it best practice to set up different placement campaigns for text ads and image ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Text ads get majority of the impressions limiting the amount of times my image ads get seen. Does any recommend breaking the two out into different campaigns based off of ad type?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tru5951
September 2015

Re: Is it best practice to set up different placement campaigns for text ads and image ads?

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 2
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Tru5951

Thanks for posting your question. 

One of the best practices is to separate your text ads and image ads into two different ad groups. I'd suggest to test your image ads in one ad group and text ads in another. This way the metrics will be more transparent to read and understand what performs better for your product/service. Here is a link to best pracices for placement targeting. Hope you find it useful. 

Best,

Zee

Zee
G+

Re: Is it best practice to set up different placement campaigns for text ads and image ads?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Zee! I'll definately put that recommend to use.

Tru

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Goo luck, Tru. 

Zee
G+