AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is It Possible to Target Users from Specific Google Apps Domains?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'd like to show my ads only to users that are logged-in to Google Apps domains "domain1.com" and "domain2.com"

Is this possible?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cooper
September 2015

Re: Is It Possible to Target Users from Specific Google Apps Domains?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I think we might misinterpret "target"

The moment a user is logged into a domain running on "G Apps", he/she can be targeted to be shown ads on any "G Apps" service running on that domain. The domain administrator can turn this option on/off . if it's off - it's off for all Apps services the user is logged into. (I doubled checked on the "G-Apps" domain I run)

It's a different case, and in a complete different territory, to target "G Apps" users visiting other sites while logged into their Apps domain. I think that's what you are referring to: :Let's say that I am logged into my Apps Gmail account, and while on, I am search the web for new laptops for my business. You wish to target me, as an Apps' user, on a web site that sells laptops and show me text ads or banners.

However, your key point was that the user should be logged into the Apps domain. If you did not require that, I at first, would think that it could be done using the "audience" targeting. But, checking again under "audience" / Operating systems, I did not see any targeting option for G Apps users.

To conclude, as my understanding goes , It can not be done using AdWords targeting features, while an Apps' user is either logged-in or signed-out. It might be an idea, to suggest AdWords developers to add "G Apps" users to the audience tab.

In a separate discussion, I wrote that it might be possible using other ad-networks available. But, that's beyond our scope.

I hope that this explanation covers and clarifies your question.

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google Apps for Business is an IT platform to run a business,

Similar to Gmail, text ads shown on Gmail for business (part of Google apps) are context related (if shown at all - see below), and are NOT platform or domain targeted,

Furthermore, domain administrators tend to block advertisements on all Google apps services running on their domain. (An option available on G apps' domain management console)

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks MosheTLV, I certainly understand what Google Apps is, and that ads are rarely shown within Google Apps - I'm asking a different question: Is it possible to target ads to users that are logged in to certain Google Apps domains (or logged in to ANY Google Apps domain). 

The ads wouldn't be shown _in_ Google Apps, but they would be show to users that are logged-in to Google Apps in their browser. 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cooper
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I think we might misinterpret "target"

The moment a user is logged into a domain running on "G Apps", he/she can be targeted to be shown ads on any "G Apps" service running on that domain. The domain administrator can turn this option on/off . if it's off - it's off for all Apps services the user is logged into. (I doubled checked on the "G-Apps" domain I run)

It's a different case, and in a complete different territory, to target "G Apps" users visiting other sites while logged into their Apps domain. I think that's what you are referring to: :Let's say that I am logged into my Apps Gmail account, and while on, I am search the web for new laptops for my business. You wish to target me, as an Apps' user, on a web site that sells laptops and show me text ads or banners.

However, your key point was that the user should be logged into the Apps domain. If you did not require that, I at first, would think that it could be done using the "audience" targeting. But, checking again under "audience" / Operating systems, I did not see any targeting option for G Apps users.

To conclude, as my understanding goes , It can not be done using AdWords targeting features, while an Apps' user is either logged-in or signed-out. It might be an idea, to suggest AdWords developers to add "G Apps" users to the audience tab.

In a separate discussion, I wrote that it might be possible using other ad-networks available. But, that's beyond our scope.

I hope that this explanation covers and clarifies your question.

-Moshe