AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Is Google aware the Keyword Planner is currently broken?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is anyone else experiencing problems with the Keyword Planner?  I've tried using Chrome and FF, and clearing my cookies in both, but I still keep getting an error.  When I search for keyword volumes it keeps giving me an error saying that it can't get any keywords right now and try again later.

I'd paste the exact error message, but the tool is just showing a blank page or redirecting me to an AdWords is down for maintenance page right now.  This has been happening for the past two days and one person on Twitter also noticed.

Update:

Page is back but here's the error messages I'm getting on the "Keyword Ideas" tab:

Oops! We can't display search volume charts. Please try again.

There was a problem retrieving ideas, please try again.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Is Google aware the Keyword Planner is currently broken?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Seems to be a lot errors across the Adwords Interface. A number of failed to load resource"" errors in the javascript and errors thrown by the cues system failing to complete.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yeah I'm getting the same error message.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

True,

I'm getting same message for the last couple of days, tried every thing from changing browser, ISP , Laptop i even asked my friend which live in another country and same results Smiley Sad

Error!

Error

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Same thing. Getting these errors for the past week. Glad I'm not alone. Very annoying for sure.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It seems maintenance plane is not done yet

error2.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yeah, it's a lot better this morning than the past week for me but I'm still getting an error when trying to download a csv of the data.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Still having this issue. Are others having this same problem or has it cleared up for those who also posted in this thread?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I began hitting the issues on 7/8/2014.  Using IE, FF and Chrome.  All encountered same problem.  Cleared cache, cookies and rebooted.  Same issues.  At first I received some maintenance error messages.  Now I get the "There was a problem retrieving ideas..." error.  I now run a macro to loop reboot my browser, re-enter the query and attempt to get my keyword suggestions.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I am so looking forward to this getting fixed.  Wordtracker just discontinued their free tool, so I'm not about to pay $99/mo. for the kind of volumes I'm looking at.  

BTW.  Keyword Tracker appeared to get a little better late yesterday, but then it started giving me the same errors.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yep, same problem here for the last few weeks. Says I don't have javascript (which isn't true) for a few seconds and then redirects to a page saying it's down. Why has it been crashing for this long???

Doesn't matter what browser or internet connection I'm on. One minute it works, the next it doesn't. This is SO frustrating as I'm trying to start about six different campaigns and we can't do any keyword research! Google needs to know that it's probably costing them a decent amount of revenue to have a key tool down for this long.