AdWords
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

International Campaign Question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, 

We have a client selling "Blue Widgets" in US and Australia though the same website , lets assume "bluewidgets.com" . There is no difference besides pricing. 

I was wondering what the best way to setup the campaign will be. I am thinking of creating two separate campaigns for USA and Australia respectively with two seperate landing pages on bluewidgets.com (bluewidgets.com/aus/) and (bluewidgets.com/us/)

Is this the best way to do this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Mukul 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: International Campaign Question

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mukul G you certainly want at least two separate Campaigns as performance will vary dramatically between the two locations and it'll be impossible to optimise within one Campaign.  In fact, if it were me, I'd use 8 or 9 Campaigns, splitting the US into time Zones and Aus into the territories for the same reason.

Do you need to show different prices?  I think most Internet users these days are familiar with finding prices in "foreign" currency and may not be put off by it.  If the widgets are shipping from the US, I think the Australian customers won't be surprised to see the prices quoted in USD.  Having different prices also complicates your admin and your sales tracking.  If you change your prices based upon the exchange rate you end up with complex bookkeeping.  If you don't, you end up with your products being unrealistically expensive or cheap compared to the US$ price.  I think it's better to quote in one currency - the currency of the business location and primary shipping base - and leave currency options down to the consumer.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot Jon. I got concerned as I thought that If I create separate campaigns for the same domain and bid on the same keywords. Google might consider them as competing ads.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
I agree with Jon. As long as all of your campaigns are in one account, you don't have to worry about Google considering them to be competing. Smiley Happy

Also keep in mind that American English and Australian English are not the same. The better that you are able to optimize (or optimise Smiley Wink) to the appropriate dialect, the better your campaigns will perform. Regarding price, I tend to think it's better to localize your ads by showing the price in the currency of the consumer but I can see it both ways and don't necessarily think there is a right or wrong.

Good luck!

Amy Bishop
AmyBishopMarketing.com

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot and I am sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I went on with creating a separate Australia with AUS pricing.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
No worries! Sounds good!