AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

InternalApiError.UNEXPECTED_INTERNAL_API_ERROR when using basic AdGroupService / CampaignService get

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm just familiarizing myself with the adwords api and was attempting to setup a basic example.   I appear to be connecting and authenticated correctly, but the soap request is returning a 500 response code with the message of InternalApiError.UNEXPECTED_INTERNAL_API_ERROR @ com.google.ads.api.services.common.error.InternalApiError

I am using the PHP Adwords API v201601

Here is the code snippet I am using, mostly pulled from the example:

$awUser = new AdwordsUser("auth.ini");
$awUser->LogAll();

$adgLabel = 'testadgroup';

$adgs = $awUser->GetService('AdGroupService', ADWORDS_VERSION);

$selector = new Selector();
$selector->fields = array('Id', 'Name', 'Labels');

$selector->predicates[] = new Predicate('Labels', 'EQUALS',
	$adgLabel);
$selector->ordering[] = new OrderBy('Name', 'ASCENDING');

$adgs->get($selector);

I understand best practices says we should be supporting retries, as sometimes the API just wont respond for whatever reason, but I have been trying this since yesterday afternoon and not a single request has gone through (I have removed the retry logic for posting as basic example as possible here).

Does anyone have some insight as to what is going on here?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: InternalApiError.UNEXPECTED_INTERNAL_API_ERROR when using basic AdGroupService / CampaignService

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Good morning.

You might get a better answer if you post your question to the AdWords API Product Forum.

Good luck!

Theresa
Google AdWords Top Contributor
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*