AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Interesting discovery. 'Approved (limited)' for poor mobile performance.

Rising Star
# 1
Rising Star

Was just cruising through the AdWords support documentation when i discovered on the "Approved Limited" definition page the following: 

An ad will be marked "Approved (limited)" when AdWords policies (common examples include Alcohol, Copyrights, Gambling, Healthcare, and Trademarks) prevent certain types of ads from showing in certain regions, to certain ages, or on certain devices. Ads won’t show on mobile devices if the destination performs poorly on mobile devices.

Does this mean what I think it does? Ads that point to landing pages with bad mobile experience might get an approval limited status and not be eligible for mobile targeting? 

Makes sense considering AdWords long push towards mobile advertising ... 

Let me know what you think! 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’
2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Joshua R,

Yes, you are correct.

The landing page is critical to the user experience... and Google is hyper-alert to the user experience being the very best possible. You can read more about the landing page experience here. As you will discover, your quality score is partly comprised of the landing page experience. And your quality score effects nearly every other part of your campaign performance, which means a poor mobile site experience will translate into a poor quality score for mobile ads.  

Kind Regards,

James

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

Thanks @J Clemens

I'm already well aware of the landing page experience factor but i thought it was interesting that AdWords might prevent delivery of ads due to a poor LPE.

Thought it was worth sharing! 

- Josh 

Joshua, Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’