AdWords
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Interest and remarketing list in one adgroup

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We have remarketing adgroup which have remarketing list and one interest category on it.

Target and bid set

how its works?

which is the good idea to target(topics, display keywords, gender) with remarketing ?

VMUK india - Remarketing list

int&rem.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Interest and remarketing list in one adgroup

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Balaji, a lot of this choice depends upon the nature of your Remarketing list.  If your list is already tightly defined (e.g. previous buyers or people having visited a certain number of pages on your site) then I'd usually argue you don't need (or want) any other restriction on targeting - you want to show your Ads to these people wherever they go.  Of course, you should still monitor the automatic placements and exclude any that don't perform over time, but there's not usually any need to set additional targeting.

If your list is very wide (for example "All site visitors") then it's probably a more sensible idea to add additional targeting options.

Note that you could add these options as "Bid Only" so that they don't restrict the targeting but only change the CPC when their conditions are met.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thanks cobnut

I created remarketing campaign with remarketing list alone with target and bid. No other targeting i used. Its been 4 hours but still not getting any impression. WHY!?

REM1.jpg

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Balaji, three simple reasons could be:

A Remarketing list must have at least 100 unique cookies (members) before it is enabled to run (https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472738?hl=en-GB)

AdWords data is not real time and could be delayed by a varying amount of time.

You may simply not have had any valid impressions.  If your list is relatively small it's possible that no one on the list has triggered the display of one of your Ads.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

But cobnut

In our display remarketing list we have 30000 cookies

rem_ind.jpg