AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Individual keyword 'Max CPC' not changing average CPC on content network?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When i go to my content network campaigns 'display network' tab - 'display keywords' and change my Max CPC of my individual keywords they don't seem to change them. I have 'enhanced CPC' selected on my campaign settings where it can up your bid by up to 30%,  but on some of the keywords i have chosen a 1p bid.

The keywords with a 1p bid are still being clicked with an average of 5p a click. This has been going on for a week since the change.

does anyone know why this is not changing my CPC bids?

thanks D

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Individual keyword 'Max CPC' not changing average CPC on content network?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi DalesSully,

Welcome to the forum!

There can be two reasons which i can think of:

1) Please see the sceenshot attached:

You probably using Enhanced CPC with automatic bidding. with automatic biddding method we are not allowed to change bids per keywords becuase by choosing this method we allow Google Adwords system to change bids on our behalf considering stats and performance of the campaign. With this bidding method we are only allowed to set Max CPC.

2) You are using search and display(content) network in same adgroup. Whenn we run both network in same campaign, we can't change bids of keywords under Display tab keywords interface.

Hope it helps!

Thanks
Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neha,

I am using 'ill manually set my bids for clicks' not the automatic bids. but i have 'enhanced CPC'.

I guess its 'enhanced CPC' in this case then. I will un-select this.

thanks

D

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dalesully,

Are you running both network seach and display in same campaign? Because I can change bids at my end if I am using manual bidding with enhanced CPC.

When we run both network at same campaign we can't change bids for keywords for content network.

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Neha,

here is a screenshot. As you can see it is on 'display network only' and i am able to change the cost per click of each keyword on my campaign. take for instance first keyword that i changed to 1p CPC. as you can see it averages 5p CPC

So although i can physically change these CPC per keywords i am guessing it doesn't do anything?

cheers

Dale

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Dale,

Have you checked your ad group level bid? Your ad group level bid may be different to your keyword level bids which could be causing this discrepancy. More information about Display Network bids can be found here.

I hope this helps!

Rachel