AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Increase impression when we target less area with more budget

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi All,

Please confirm that can we target whole USA as country and if i target some states will my impression will be more in second case as my budget get spread out in whole USA as it leads to less ad serving in whole USA if mine budget is less.

for smaller budget should we go for area sheduling as it leads to more ad serving?

Kindely confirm

Addy

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Addy_SEM
September 2015

Re: Increase impression when we target less area with more budget

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Addy, 

Thanks for the question! 

So, if you were targeting all of the USA (which you certainly can do!) your budget would be spread across all the different states.

However, if you only targeted a few states your budget would be focuseed on those states alone, which would mean that your ad could serve more frequently in those select few states. 

If you have products or services that are only appropriate to a few states I would recommend changing your location targeting to those few states. However, if you offer your products all over the US, you could either target the entire country or focus on the areas where you get the most business. 

Does anyone else from the Community here have any ideas? 

Hope this helps!

A. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Addy,

Another consideration if you find that your budget is being exhausted very quickly is that you could fine tune your keywords.  Are all the clicks that are costing you money equally likely to lead to a business or a sale? 

If you are running your keywords on a broad or phrase match then look at exactly what search terms people are using when they click on your Ads. 

Campaign -> Keywords -> Keyword details

For example if your are running a phrase such as ‘IT support’ on a broad (or phrase match) you might find that a lot of clicks occur when someone has searched for ‘IT support jobs in New York’.  If you are not looking to recruit IT support staff in New York then this click may be wasted.  

If this is the case consider refining your selection of keywords or perhaps including negative keywords to weed out the clicks that are of no use to you. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Addy_SEM
September 2015

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Addy, 

Thanks for the question! 

So, if you were targeting all of the USA (which you certainly can do!) your budget would be spread across all the different states.

However, if you only targeted a few states your budget would be focuseed on those states alone, which would mean that your ad could serve more frequently in those select few states. 

If you have products or services that are only appropriate to a few states I would recommend changing your location targeting to those few states. However, if you offer your products all over the US, you could either target the entire country or focus on the areas where you get the most business. 

Does anyone else from the Community here have any ideas? 

Hope this helps!

A. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks Alys

We have problem of small budget and catering to large voilume markert (Desktop solutions). after due analysis we find out that our spend goes exhausted to in early time and we couldn,t get requisute sales from cpc.

Someone suggested to go for Geograhic scheduling as it increase ad serving in region where our product are performing well.

Please confirm as we are heading right !!

Addy 

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Mini-CM (Community Manager)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Addy,

Another consideration if you find that your budget is being exhausted very quickly is that you could fine tune your keywords.  Are all the clicks that are costing you money equally likely to lead to a business or a sale? 

If you are running your keywords on a broad or phrase match then look at exactly what search terms people are using when they click on your Ads. 

Campaign -> Keywords -> Keyword details

For example if your are running a phrase such as ‘IT support’ on a broad (or phrase match) you might find that a lot of clicks occur when someone has searched for ‘IT support jobs in New York’.  If you are not looking to recruit IT support staff in New York then this click may be wasted.  

If this is the case consider refining your selection of keywords or perhaps including negative keywords to weed out the clicks that are of no use to you. 

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks everyone!! 

Addy