AdWords
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Increase by daily budget by a % on weekends

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I want to simply have a 20% increase in my daily budget on Saturdays and Sundays but at the moment the only way to do this is to have two campaigns, one for weekdays and one for weekends which i think is overkill. Why cant i just increase my daily budget by a fixed amount or % on weekends. Seems to me a basic requirement?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Increase by daily budget by a % on weekends

[ Edited ]
Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Sato,

Yes there is way to increase your bid by 20% on weekends without having to create 2 separate campaigns for weekdays and weekends. 

In Adwords Account, follow these steps to set bid adjustments for existing campaigns:

1. Sign in to your AdWords account at https://adwords.google.com.
  2. Click the Campaigns tab at the top.
  3. Choose a campaign. If you want to set an ad group-level bid adjustment, choose an ad group.
  4. Click the Settings tab.
    • To set campaign-level bid adjustments: Choose the Locations, Ad schedule, or Devices subtab.
    • Under Ad schedule click on "+ Ad Schedule".  If you don't already have Weekends added, go ahead and add them both. Then you can use "Bid adj." to adjust it to 20% or whatever percentage you want. 

Screen Shot 2013-09-27 at 11.42.24 AM.png

Hope this information helps!

-JP

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello John Paul D ,

I could be missing something but it sounds to me (with a 99.99% certainty) like your advice helps increasing the overall bids  on weekends by bid-adjustments, not the daily budget.

Can you double-check please ?

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee
Adrian,

Thanks for your input. Your are correct. The information I posted to Sato was in error, ad scheduling won't change your overall daily budget. I appreciate your prompt reply to the original poster.

Sato,

Getting back to your original question, at this time you will need to create 2 campaigns in order to increase your daily budget on weekends. Hope this answers your question.

-JP

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Or you can use automated rules; Though I prefer 2 campaigns, because:

• For the  convenience of data analysis and reporting
  • You need two rules...(one to increase and one to reduce back - don't forget that). Steve(@stickleback  ) mentioned somewhere that  taking up  20% and then reducing by 20% does not bring you back to the same number... Smiley Surprised

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Budget scheduling by automated rules is explained here

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2497710?hl=en

For a 20% increase there is a formula as to what percentage to decrease and it results 16.66. Using this is without problems because besides decreasing you can specify a "minimum value" bellow which the decrease will not go.

This is just like increasing the bids with automated rules , you can set a 5000% increase but an upper value to limit it , meaning the procentual increase will stop at that limit.

But yes I vote also for the more straight forward campaign split Smiley Happy