AdWords
5.7K members online now
5.7K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Increase Bids During Openings

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a client who wants to increase bids on their keywords when they have openings in their schedule.  These times can be unpredictable and after the openings have been filled we will want to decrease bids back to previous levels.

My two ideas on how to approach this problem are:

1. Create a duplicate of each current Ad Group and increase the bids in these new Ad Groups to our desired levels .  I would leave these Inflated Bid Ad Groups paused until the client had openings in their schedule.  Then I would enable these new Inflated Bid Ad Groups & pause the normal Ad Groups.  When they opening has been filled, I would pause these Inflated Bid Ad Groups and enable to original Ad Groups.

2. Find a script to increase bids on a one time basis and then run a second script later to return the bids to their original levels.

Which method would you recommend?  Also, if it involves a script, what is the best script to run for this situation.

Thanks in advance.  

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John S
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi John,

I would go for option 1). Same ad groups, different campaigns. 

Pausing and unpausing is easy to do, especially with the AdWords smartphone app.

The data would be split between campaigns, but ultimately they are serving different circumstances, with perhaps different target metrics and different ad copy. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author John S
November 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi John,

I would go for option 1). Same ad groups, different campaigns. 

Pausing and unpausing is easy to do, especially with the AdWords smartphone app.

The data would be split between campaigns, but ultimately they are serving different circumstances, with perhaps different target metrics and different ad copy. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Rob, thanks for the feedback.  I like the additional idea of using different Ad Text between the two Ad Groups.  I appreciate it.