AdWords
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Incorrect Ad shpwing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Entering search terms for one of my ad groups results in an Ad (and link) from a separate ad group always showing up (i have triple checked that my correct ad is associated with my correct campaigm).

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Incorrect Ad shpwing

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

This would happen if similar keywords compete among themselves and a keyword from another group triggers an ad.

Since it is hard to figure / calculate among so many keywords which keyword would trigger an ad, try to avoid similar keywords in different ad-groups or campaigns;

Read more:

How similar keywords match to search terms

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Re: Incorrect Ad shpwing

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

To follow with Moshe, I would also suggest you to look at the concept of embedded negative keywords at ad group level. When such kind of overlapping happens, adding embedded negative terms at ad group level might assist you in trigerring the particular ad for particular keyword inside your campaigns. Of course the relevancy is still a key factor when Google decide which ad to show for which keyword.

http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/bin/static.py?hl=en&topic=23649&guide=23648&page=gui...

My 2 cents!

Pankaj