AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

Ads
4.2K members online now
4.2K members online now
Dive into advanced features like Remarketing, Flexible Bid Strategies, AdWords Editor, and AdWords Scripts
Guide Me
star_border

Including a promotion in ads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

My site includes an online purchase page where a customer can input a promotion code to get a discount. I want to include this info on ads shown on Google. Is the only way to do this through an "Offer Extension"? I understand that this extension is for in-store discounts. Is there a function on AdWords for the site to automatically apply the promo code to a clicker?

Kevin

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin P
September 2015

Re: Including a promotion in ads

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Kevin, 

Thats actually a really interesting thought. At the moment, the only way to do this kind of thing would be via the Offer Extension, there isn't an option to automatically apply a discount to individual clickers for your store. It's a great idea though, I'll pass that thought on to our product teams here!

Thanks!

A.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Kevin P
September 2015

Re: Including a promotion in ads

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Kevin, 

Thats actually a really interesting thought. At the moment, the only way to do this kind of thing would be via the Offer Extension, there isn't an option to automatically apply a discount to individual clickers for your store. It's a great idea though, I'll pass that thought on to our product teams here!

Thanks!

A.